The Fall Creek HomesteadPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- You'll share the 230-acre property at the Homestead with wildlife like deer and numerous species of local birds.
- Our recent guest Lynne shared her enthusiastic recommendation: "This property was the remote, quiet retreat our family was looking for...We would definitely come back to this special place."
- The huge, shaded wraparound porch features plenty of comfortable outdoor furniture and tons of room for everyone in your group!
- We've had guests tell us the pretty exterior of the Homestead is almost modest compared to the grandeur inside.
- The delightful stone fireplace will help give you nice and toasty toes on chilly nights.
- Folks can chat while they cook! Right next to the kitchen is a cozy seating area, and even a fireplace.
- Unique lighting, furnishings, and decorative touches all come together for a regal and fun holiday experience!
- If you have any foodies and/or cooks in your group, it may be a challenge to get them to leave this outstanding kitchen!
- High ceilings and gorgeous woodwork and decor give the Homestead a stately and almost castle-like personality.
- Plush furniture, a big fireplace, those wonderful high beamed ceilings...you'll live like Hill Country royalty!
- We've seen apartments smaller than the enormous master bedroom! The king-sized bed-and all the other beds in the Homestead-are draped in soft, clean, and complimentary linens. There's also a queen bed in the spacious master.
- The master suite includes a fireplace and seating area-a perfect spot to read or just decompress.
- Sink in for a warm soak in the garden tub! This is a great little nook for some relaxing me-time.
- The two-and-a-half baths in the Homestead come complete with soft linens, and offer a super-clean environment in which you can pamper yourself!
- With the option of two additional roll-away beds, the Homestead has room to comfortably sleep up to 14 people-and all beds come with clean and comfortable linens.
- Two queen beds are also available in the third bedroom. Fluffy and warm bed and bath linens are provided all throughout the Homestead.
- The second bedroom provides sweet slumber for up to four guests on two luxuriously soft queen beds.
- A giant, mirrored double vanity is in the second full bath, with plenty of counter space for your toiletries!
- Another walk-in shower offers you spotless cleanup space in the second bath.
- An outdoor fireplace and ample seating on the patio set a wonderful stage where you can enjoy the great outdoors!
- Fall Creek flows right behind the Homestead. Wade in for a cooling dip, or enjoy the view from the shaded porch!
- A great big gas grill, outdoor fireplace, and outdoor furniture make the exterior of the Homestead just as fun and comfortable as the inside!
- The outdoor dining table seats six, and comes with a view of Fall Creek just a few feet away-and this is just a fraction of the seating available on the porch!
- Hike, watch wildlife, and practice catch-and-release fishing along the banks of pretty Fall Creek!
- While the scenery is beautiful year round, water activities may be limited due to seasonal creek depth. Check with us before your stay for details.
- The Homestead has 230 acres of natural beauty for you to hike and admire, along with mountain views surrounding the property.
- Kirk visited here recently, and shared with us, "We decided this would be the start of many family traditions, staying and celebrating at this beautiful place of heaven on earth." We love pleasing and inspiring our wonderful guests!
- No need to fight crowds and waist-high weeds to enjoy some catch-and-release fishing, just stroll right up to the creek and cast a line!
The Fall Creek main home sits on 230-acres of majestic Hill Country land with waterfront access. The home is part of the Fall Creek Retreat, which includes two other properties. Unique to the Fall Creek home is breathtaking views of Fall Creek and direct access to the waterfront. The home is located near Kerrville, the unofficial capital of Hill Country Texas. The quaint town offers diverse musical theater, fine dining, eclectic shops, historic museums, and various art galleries.
This beautiful 5,000 square foot home is located on the sparkling spring-fed Fall Creek, which begins on the property and winds through the grounds to supply clear water to a three-acre lake. The 230-acre property consists of abundant plants and wildlife, including Axis and white-tailed deer, beautiful oak trees and expansive Hill Country views.
As you enter the Homestead, you will be amazed at the unique decor, vaulted wood beamed ceilings, floor to ceiling stone fireplace, open living spaces and abundance of natural light. The home truly provides guests with everything needed to experience a true Hill Country vacation experience.
The large kitchen is truly unique with a southwest inspired mural and gorgeous beamed ceilings. Further, the kitchen is fully equipped with all appliances and utensils needed to prepare a home cooked meal or quick snack.
The great room offers ample seating around a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace with views of the surrounding Hill Country. There are two wonderful dining areas; one, the breakfast nook, which overlooks Fall Creek and the Hill Country, creates a perfect spot to enjoy a morning cup of coffee. The second, a larger dining table that comfortably seats up to 9 guests, sits between the living area and kitchen, creating a unique and social dining experience for larger groups. In the entertainment area you will find a standard sized pool table with ample space to socialize.
Down the hallway is a very spacious master bedroom with French doors that open to the Hill Country, a king size bed, large television, beautiful adobe fireplace and 2 sitting areas, one of which has a queen sleeper sofa. The ensuite bathroom has a tiled garden tub, spacious floor-to-ceiling glass shower and two separate vanity areas with plenty of closet space to accommodate up to 4 guests.
The home has two large secondary bedrooms, each with two cedar post queen beds and plenty of closet and drawer space. Both rooms have abundant natural light and plenty of space for up to 4 guests. All rooms have high quality mattresses and linens, therefore guaranteeing guests a good night's rest. Two extra rollaway beds are available upon request.
The two secondary bedrooms share a spacious full bathroom with a large glass shower and double vanity. All the bathrooms provide the needed toiletries and towels.
The Fall Creek Homestead was designed for outdoor living. Not only do you have the spectacular views from the interior of the home, there are several outdoor spaces set up for seating and dining. Guests will be transported to a simpler time as they sit on the front porch listening to the sounds of the creek and waterfalls and enjoying the wildlife. Farther down from the creek is the lake where guests can do catch and release fishing, go bird watching, or simply relax.
COVID-19 UPDATE: This accommodation is open for business. Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 4/15/2020
Master bedroom with a king and a queen bed
Second bedroom with 2 queen beds
Third bedroom with 2 queen beds
2 additional roll away beds available
Fully equipped kitchen, including large refrigerator, commercial-grade chef's stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker and all the needed utensils
Gas BBQ grill
Satellite wireless internet access (may be slower with large groups)
Pool table and cues
Patio with large seating area and view of Fall Creek
Catch and release fishing
Wildlife and Bird viewing
Rates and details
The minimum age to rent the house is 25 years old
Rental rate based on 4 guests
Long term rental discounts available
Extra guest fee is $75, per day, after 4 guests
Pet fee is $50 per day, per pet
$300 security deposit, refundable if there's no damage
$300 cleaning fee
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
This house has a non-standard cancellation policy
No smoking allowed anywhere on the property
Additional Casita available for rent. For larger groups, a spacious secondary home is available, the Casita at Fall Creek. The Casita sits adjacent to the owner's main home and offers additional accommodations. The casita offers a large room with 20' ceiling and exposed beams, adobe wood burning fireplace, 2 queen beds, full size futon, sitting area, kitchenette, front porch seating area and an outdoor grill. Large windows allow for natural lighting and stunning views of the surrounding land. Please contact us for pricing and additional details.
This is home to the nationally-renowned festivals celebrating folk music, Celtic heritage, and the Texas arts and crafts. Nestled among beautiful natural parks, Kerrville also features wineries, breweries, and an amazing array of local restaurants. There's even a museum dedicated to the work of Western American artists!