Bandera River RetreatPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Pull up a chair, claim your spot of shade, and enjoy the view!
- No bare-bones accommodations here! Decorative touches and furnishings make the retreat a true home away from home.
- The open-floor design from the kitchen to the living area means no one is left out of the conversation!
- The sunny back deck is a great spot to stargaze and enjoy panoramic Hill Country views.
- The full and modern kitchen also includes all the utensils, cookware, glasses, and cooking ware you'll need for a great family feast!
- Scoot up to the breakfast bar for a good feed to get your day going!
- With three clean, comfortable bedrooms, everyone will find a place to recharge at night.
- Bring 'em all along! We've got sleeping accommodations for up to 14 guests here at the retreat.
- The bunk beds are a fun highlight on this kid-friendly property!
- Shower up and prepare for your day, or relax and get ready for a good night's sleep, in the full bathroom.
- The stone wall and pedestal-style vanity are just two examples of the unique touches throughout the retreat.
- Soft and warm bath and bed linens are included with your stay, for a hassle-free and restful getaway.
- The shady sun room's surrounded by beautiful natural views, it's a wonderful and intimate conversational space!
- Take in that Hill Country splendor on the spacious deck!
- The tree-lined Medina River is just the ticket to sit back and feel your tensions melt away.
- Imagine not having to fight crowds of people to access the Medina River!
- The river awaits! The retreat makes the Medina your private tubing, fishing, kayaking, and swimming paradise.
- All this scene is missing is the laughter and excited conversation of your family and friends!
- Birds and wildlife love the pristine natural setting here at the retreat, and you will, too!
- The retreat's perched on a ridge right above the river, which is easily accessed by the stone staircase out back.
- No matter where you're headed here, take a moment to admire the inspiring sights of the surrounding Hill Country.
- The retreat's rural setting is close to Bandera, a great place to step out, shop, and take in the town!
- Come see the kind of views that have made locals and visitors alike fall in love with the Texas Hill Country.
- Tie up your hiking boots, and take a look at the rugged and pretty terrain.
- Bring your camera! You'll want to take home plenty of photos of your visit here, and you'll want to visit again!
- The elevated deck on the ridge gives you an astounding bird's-eye view of the trees and mountains beyond.
- The meadow behind the retreat, right on the banks of the Medina, sets the stage for outdoor games and a big family picnic!
- Feel like a feast in the fresh country air? The retreat includes a charcoal grill and a chimenea for everything from s'mores to steaks!
- Find a moment for you and your special someone to enjoy a glass of wine and that fantastic view.
- Pamper yourself with extras like AC and heat units, and a laundry/utility room in the retreat's carport.
- Kick back in climate-controlled comfort, while plentiful windows bathe your space in natural light.
- We're proud to be able to offer a clean, comfortable, and relaxing hideaway for our treasured guests.
**Instant booking is not available for this property. You must call us or send a request to check availability prior to booking**
Are you facing the challenge of finding that perfect location for a Hill Country escape for a large group of people? We've got the perfect family gathering spot that's not only kid-friendly, but is also a pet-friendly vacation home! The Bandera River Retreat comfortably sleeps up to 14, has private access to the tubing, fishing, and swimming of the Medina River, and is only ten miles from Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World. All this fun and comfort can be yours at a budget-friendly rate!
This waterfront cabin getaway is perched on a ridge overlooking the Medina River, and the meadow between the cabin and river is an awesome spot to watch the wild turkeys, deer, and other wildlife that frequent this peaceful setting. Tour the Hill Country on the scenic roads that surround this perfect central location, and savor the cuisine, night life, history, and fun of nearby Bandera. The location makes the Bandera River Retreat one of our most popular Texas destinations!
Not only will you have the fun of the river right in your back yard, but there's also plenty of space for open-air relaxation here. The front patio features a charcoal grill and chiminea for outdoor meals and snacks, and the enormous deck offers amazing riverside Hill Country views. Ample outdoor furniture is included all around the guest house.
Bountiful windows allow plenty of natural light in, which enhances the stately and homey interior. The kitchen is fully equipped with all the appliances, cookware, serving ware, utensils, and glasses you'll need to feed everyone, and it adjoins a roomy dining area and breakfast bar. Sleeping accommodations for up to 14 are provided by beds, futons, air mattresses, and sleeper sofas generously distributed throughout the house. There are one-and-a-half bathrooms, with a shower in the full bath. Soft and fluffy bed and bath linens are provided, and there is a washer and dryer combo available for your use in the carport. Ceiling fans and four heating and cooling window units keep the retreat comfortable year round, and the house has satellite Internet service, as well as AT&T cell service.
Visitors are drawn to the Texas Hill Country and Bandera on the weekends for the excellent and entertaining country and city life alike. The Bandera River Retreat will put you right in the middle of both, and Backroads Reservations will be happy to help you make it happen.
COVID-19 UPDATE: This accommodation is open for business. Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 4/15/2020
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Other Details and Rates
Cleaning Fee is $95
Extra guest fee is $20, per day, after 6 guests
Pet fee is $15 per pet, per day
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This house has a non-standard cancellation policy
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 50 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 25 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 35 miles
Garner State Park: 45 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 15 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas