Tabasco Ranch Overlook ApartmentPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- This elevated view gives the Overlook its name, and it gives you a stunning panorama of the mountainous Hill Country.
- Our guest Mimi loved her recent stay here: "Great hill country location central to many points of interest. Peaceful and quiet with awesome accommodations."
- The one-of-a-kind kitchen island is designed to represent a pioneer era hitching post!
- Rest your head in luxurious comfort at the end of an adventurous day in this plush and comfortable queen-sized bed!
- The TV in the living area is equipped with satellite and cable service, and Wifi Internet (shared with the rest of the ranch) is available, too.
- A one-of-a-kind island is the centerpiece of the country kitchen, which is also equipped with appliances and coffee basics.
- Open-floor planning conveniently places the living area right next to the kitchen, creating a cozy and intimate space.
- Vintage furnishings and decorative touches give the Overlook a friendly and unique atmosphere.
- Intricate and bold woodwork highlights give the Overlook rustic and stylish charm.
- The Overlook's full bath comes nicely appointed with plenty of fluffy and clean bathroom linens.
- A clean and modern tub and shower combo make cleanup a pleasure!
- The Overlook's second-story elevation provides both privacy and an eagle's-nest view of the surrounding countryside!
- This stone gate on the road marks Tabasco Ranch, and serves as your gateway to a wonderful Hill Country holiday!
- After his stay here, our guest Jonathan shared with us, "It was fun walking the property and seeing the horses and deer! Such a peaceful getaway!"
- Nothing compares to a sunset, or a big rising moon, over the mountains of the Hill Country!
- A shared pavilion provides space and cooking accommodations for all the guests at Tabasco Ranch.
- Hacienda-style shade provides a fun and comfortable space for socializing on the pavilion deck!
- The pavilion's kitchen is for all guests to use. Please pitch in and help us keep it neat!
- The pavilion features plenty of utensils, cookware, serving ware, and food prep space for a hearty feast!
- A vintage, and functional, wood-burning stove helps cut the chill in the pavilion on cooler days and nights.
- We know our guests love their privacy, but the pavilion also offers space for folks to meet and socialize.
- Need room for more than two guests? Ask us about other cabin rentals available at Tabasco Ranch!
- The pavilion's shaded patio allows for cool relaxation and enjoyment of refreshing breezes.
The Overlook barn apartment at Tabasco Ranch is home to one of the most relaxing weekend romantic getaway in Texas! Unlike many urban settings, you'll find the peace and quiet of the Texas Hill Country here-no noise or crowds of strangers-yet you'll have fun small towns and attractions just a stone's throw away. This is one of the best cabin rentals in Texas, one we're proud to highlight as the ideal spot for a perfect getaway vacation-it's affordable Hill Country lodging at its very finest!
Gorgeous Hill Country cabin getaways for couples can be tough to come by, especially ones as nice as the Overlook at Tabasco Ranch. That's why Backroads Reservations is proud to present this property! This perfect weekend rental offers eye-popping views you can only find in the Hill Country, a peaceful rural setting, and convenient access to nearby towns such as Comfort, Boerne, Fredericksburg and Kerrville-all of which are within a half-hour's drive.
The second-floor elevation of the Overlook offers a bird's-eye view of the beautiful surrounding countryside, and there's a roomy, shaded balcony (complete with patio seating) from which you can take in the views and wildlife. A shared pavilion offers even more space, with a fridge, oven, BBQ pits and fire pit available for use. The wide-open Texas skies are perfect for stargazing! Smoking is allowed outside here, but please use the receptacles provided.
The Overlook's interior includes a bedroom with a queen-sized bed, a full bath with a shower, and a fully-equipped kitchen, including utensils, dishes, and silverware. All bed and bath linens are included, along with bottled water, coffee, tea, and condiments. The living space is roomy, with a sectional couch, cable and satellite TV, DVD player, and Wifi. There's even a bar area with stools! The bottom level houses a shared laundry area, and the Overlook provides year-round comfort with central air and heating. The Overlook is an awesome luxury cabin rental; call us for details!
For equestrian enthusiasts, horse boarding is available, too. For a reasonable fee, we'll include a 12 x 12 stable with an indoor/outdoor run and fresh water. Please let us know when you book if you'd like this service.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Note: due to horses and wildlife, pets are not allowed at this property under any circumstances. Host reserves the right to terminate the reservation without a refund if a guest brings a pet
Full bath with shower
Central heat and air
Living room with large couch
Kitchen with oven, stove, toaster oven and microwave
Bar and bar stools
Pots, pans, utensils, dishes and silverware
Tea pot, Krups and regular coffee maker
Bottled water provided
Coffee, teas, condiments and other basics for the guest's use.
Television in living room
Television in bedroom
Cable and satellite TV
Shared community WIFI (signal strength may vary, not strong enough to watch movies)
Krups and regular coffee pot
Bed linens, towels and utensils provided
Front porch with seating
Laundry area in bottom area of building
Rates and Details
No pets allowed
Cleaning fee is $50
One Night Fee is $20
Early check-in available for a fee. Please message us for details
Late arrivals after 10:00 PM must message us
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
There is a shared Pond Cabin and Pavilion with indoor refrigerator, oven, BBQ pits, ample seating and fire pit available for use (see pictures in listing)
Smoking is allowed outside, and butts must be extinguished in the provided ashtrays or sand buckets. The host will charge $100 if guests smoke in the home.
Overnight horse boarding for $25/day which includes 12x12 stable with an in/out run and access to water. Health papers are required. Contact us for more details. Fee billed separately, please let us know at the time of reservation
Tabasco Ranch has 4 additional accommodations! Please check our other listings for other cabins and availability.
We're centrally located!
5 minutes to downtown Comfort
20 minutes from Fredericksburg
15 minutes from Kerrville
20 minutes to Boerne
35 minutes to 1604 in San Antonio
Famous for its antique shops, wineries, bat-watching, and Hill Country vistas, Comfort combines a welcoming rural setting alongside all the modern conveniences to its guests. Most of the town has been designated a National Historic District for the preservation of its 19th and early 20th century architecture.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 85 miles
Medina River: 35 miles
Guadalupe River: 20 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 60 miles
Garner State Park: 80 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 45 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas