RRR Cabin on the MedinaPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Wagon wheels adorn the front porch, welcoming our guests to the Texas Hill Country in a unique way.
- The beautiful Medina runs through 15 acres of property for your family to explore.
- Want some shade, but don't want to get out of the water? The canopy here has you literally covered!
- A shower stall and vanity highlight the full bath here...and clean bed and bath lines are included!
- Kick back in air-conditioned comfort, watch the smart TV, and just plain pamper your family in this wonderful riverside escape!
- The beautifully-crafted woodwork and furnishings in the RRR Cabin give it a Wild West and modern feel all at once.
- The queen-sized bed in the bedroom is a luxurious place to catch your Z's! Clean and warm bed and bath linens are included for all guests, too..and there's bedding for up to five guests.
- Belly on up to the bar in the Man Cave!
- With a charcoal grill right there, the dedicated picnic area helps make outdoor feasts a snap!
- 1,800 feet of the Medina River is yours...and ONLY yours...to explore when you visit!
- This is just one of the two fire pits you'll find by the riverside. The sunsets and starry night skies are incredible here!
- Toast up some s'mores at the fire pit and take in the riverside views of our big and beautiful Hill Country!
- The depth of the Medina varies from one to eight feet down this stretch, perfect for fishing, tubing, and swimming.
- A recent guest here fell in love with the place! "Views were amazing!! We have stayed at several locations in the Bandara area and this place was by far the best we have ever stayed at. We will be staying here again in the near future!!"
- We don't do anything small in Texas! That's why you'll have TWO fire pits to gather around.
If you're yearning for a private section of a popular Hill Country river all to yourself, the RRR Cabin on the Medina is the waterfront getaway your whole family will love! All the fun water activities the Medina's known for-tubing, fishing, swimming, and more-will be practically at your doorstep, without having to dodge traffic or crowds. This premium kid-friendly and pet-friendly family vacation cabin is close to awesome Hill Country towns like Bandera, Medina, Pipe Creek, and Tarpley, too!
The RRR Cabin is perched on 15 acres of rural beauty just west of Medina; from outside it's been mistaken for twin cabins, but it'll be all yours when you visit! At this waterfront rental property, you'll have 1,800 feet of river access; the depth of the river here varies from one to eight feet. Looking for shade, but don't want to get off the river? There's a canopy set up IN the Medina, so you don't have to get out of the water! For nature lovers who want to explore, the Hill Country and Lost Maples State Natural Areas are both within a 40-mile drive of the cabin.
Outside the cabin, you'll find a dedicated seating and picnic area set up, so your BBQ experts can take advantage of the charcoal grill. For lighter outdoor snacking and conversation, there are two fire pits near the riverside; these are also fantastic spots for stargazing on clear nights! You'll see plenty of birds and wildlife; as a matter of fact, deer feeders are distributed here so they'll feel welcome. Visitors with RVs can hook up here for a reasonable fee. Please keep in mind this is a no-smoking property.
Charming woodwork and furnishings give the climate-controlled interior of the cabin a vibe that's both rustic and modern! With the queen-sized bed in the separate bedroom and a queen-sized futon, the RRR Cabin sleeps up to four guests in quiet and warm comfort. There's a neat-as-a-pin full bath with a shower here, and clean bed and bath linens are provided. The open floor plan in the main area includes a living area, full kitchen, and booth and bar seating. For your tech and entertainment needs, there's Wifi Internet service and a smart TV with a Firestick.
Come see how affordable and hassle-free a family vacation on the Medina River can be! Ditch the crowds and embrace river livin' at the RRR Cabin; contact Backroads Reservations today for more information!
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Comfortable queen bed in bedroom
Queen futon in living area
Bar table with chairs
Large stand up shower
Split mini and box ACs
Full kitchen with fridge, stove, oven and microwave
Pots, pans, plates, glasses and silverware are provided
All bed and bath linens provided
Front porch seating area
TV with Firestick
Regular and K Cup coffee makers
BBQ area with seating and umbrella
River seating area with chairs and park benches
Covered river canopy
Fishing, hiking, swimming and bird watching
2 active deer feeders
RV hookup (fees may apply)
Rates and other details
Cabin sleeps 4 guests
Cabin price based on 2 guests
Each additional guest is $20 per guest, per day
Cleaning fee is $53
Pets considered (max 2)
Pet fee is $27 per day, per pet
Host lives in separate home on property
No discharging firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
No smoking allowed on the property
Signed release of liability required
The orchards here earned Medina the title of "Apple Capital of Texas," but there's more here than that! Ride the challenging Twisted Sisters Motorcycle Trail through the Hill Country, or take a more relaxing tube ride down the Medina River. Get your fill of satisfying barbecue and other American fare during your visit, too!
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 55 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 30 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 35 miles
Garner State Park: 45 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 10 miles