River Bend Hideaway on MedinaPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Ten acres of space to explore, and sleeping accommodations for up to 13 guests, make River Bend an amazing escape for even the biggest families!
- The brand-new deck is nicely shaded, and offers outstanding views of wildlife and the surrounding Hill Country.The brand-new deck is nicely shaded, and offers outstanding views of wildlife and the surrounding Hill Country.
- Our guest Julia's family loved being close to the river! "The private river access is beautiful, and we spent as much time as we could hanging out in the water or lazing on the shore."
- Satellite TV and Wifi are the tech extras you'll find in the comfy living area, flooded with warm natural light during the day.
- Merissa visited here recently, and she told us, "The cabin was very clean and comfortable with plenty of space."
- One of the couches in the big living area doubles as a bed, so all told the Hideaway has excellent sleeping space for up to 13 of your family and friends.
- A big king-sized bed is the highlight of the master bedroom, and it has a satellite TV, too. All the beds in the Hideaway are draped in clean, complimentary linens.
- There's a work space provided in the master bedroom, jump on the Wifi and catch up. BUT leave plenty of time for the river!
- The sharp and stylish master bath includes a roomy walk-in shower and twin vanities. Both full baths at the Hideaway include clean towels and linens.
- Plenty of counter space between the master bath's twin vanities mean you won't have to live out of a suitcase!
- Beautiful tile accents in the master shower add pretty highlights to your roomy cleanup space.
- Marbleized counters and blond wood cabinets in the kitchen and dining area shine nicely in warm natural light during the day.
- The fully-stocked kitchen (with two types of coffee makers!) includes a cozy dining nook.
- The handy and stylish island in the kitchen includes bar seating, so folks can chat while dinner's on the stove.
- Tons of preparation space, modern appliances, and all the cookware and serving ware you'd ever need, make the big, beautiful kitchen a foodie's dream!.
- Two big double beds in the second bedroom offer sweet slumber for up to four guests. Fluffy bed linens are provided for all our visitors!
- The second bedroom has two double beds that are not only matched, but feature matching furnishings, as well. It's a comfy and quiet place to catch your forty winks.
- Up to five can sleep comfortably in the third bedroom. Kids love the bunk bed setup!
- A stylish and functional shower stall in the second bathroom makes cleanup a relaxing pleasure!
- Both bathrooms here are immaculately clean, and the second bath (pictured here) includes a nice mirrored vanity and fresh linens.
- With plush deck furniture, a fire pit, and a grill, you'll feel just as pampered outside the Hideaway as you do indoors!
- The Medina River is well-known to locals for tubing, fishing, swimming, and kayaking. You'll enjoy all that and more, without having to fight a crowd!
- Need a moment to gather your thoughts? This little shady escape by the deer feeder provides peace and solitude.
- Kids and pets will be able to play to their hearts' content on the ten spacious acres here!
- Deer feeders are a big draw for the local deer...and for our guests who love checking out wildlife!
- Pretty Hill Country views during the day, gorgeous sunsets in the evening, and outstanding stargazing at night!
- With up to 13 folks along on your holiday, you'll want to keep up with laundry! There's a utility room here for just that purpose.
- Two shaded porches on the Hideaway set the stage for you and your folks to relax under the Hill Country breezes.
- Ceiling fans on the porch will get a good breeze going when Mother Nature's in a calmer mood.
- Even with room to accommodate 13 guests, the Hideaway provides private and peaceful spots for relaxation, too-all with the beautiful Hill Country in the background.
- "Great place to stay. The cabin is very nice. We spent a lot of time on the porch watching the wildlife," our recent guest Shane shared with us.
- Texas beauty and hospitality personified! "We spent a lot of time watching the deer and nearby farm animals, and the very friendly neighbor gave us some vegetables from his garden for our dinner," our guest Kelley told us about her stay.
If you're looking for a beautiful place where a large group can enjoy the best the Hill Country has to offer, we've got the perfect kid-friendly, pet-friendly, and budget-friendly family weekend getaway! The River Bend Hideaway is right on the Medina River, where you'll have private access to the tubing, fishing, and swimming this area's famous for. This countryside roost is also close to great towns like Bandera and Medina, so you'll be close to great food, shopping, night life, and events!
There's space here to accommodate up to 13 guests, but this spacious home is perched on ten gorgeous Hill Country acres, so everyone will have plenty of elbow room! It's easily one of the best guest houses in the Bandera area, a waterfront cabin getaway loaded with amenities and extras, all in a rural setting that's relaxing and exciting all at the same time. The grounds are ideal for wildlife watching, hiking, and stargazing, too!
The River Bend Hideaway has two shaded porches, both with comfy outdoor furniture, where you can rest and savor views of the mountainous countryside and the nearby Medina River. The charcoal grill on-site allows you to test your BBQ skills; there's nothing like a hearty meal after a day on the river! While bed and bath linens are included during your stay, your hosts at River Bend ask that guests bring their own towels for use on the river. If there are smokers in your crew, they're allowed to light up, but outside only, please.
Gleaming light and dark woodwork makes the interior shine, along with plenty of natural light. There's an enormous living area and dining area, a bar island with stools, and a generously equipped kitchen, including a washer and dryer alcove right next to the kitchen. Cutlery, glasses, cookware and serving ware for your meals are included, too! Both full bathrooms in the home have showers, and the three bedrooms with seven plush and restful beds provide great sleeping arrangements for up to a baker's dozen. Ceiling fans, and central air and heating throughout the home, guarantee a comfortable indoor environment. There are satellite TVs in the master bedroom and living area, Wifi Internet service is available, and cell phone coverage in the area is good, too.
Call Backroads Reservations today to book this popular Hill Country vacation retreat! You'll get riverside luxury and extras at great and affordable rates.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Master bedroom with king bed and satellite TV
Master bath with shower, sinks and large closet
Work station desk in master
Second bedroom with two full beds
Third bedroom with a double lower/single upper bunk beds
Second bath with a shower
Dining area with seating for four
Living room with 2 couches, one of which is a sleeper sofa
Kitchen equipped with oven/range top, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker (Kuerig and regular), blender, mixer, toaster
All pot, pans, cutlery, flatware, utensils, baking sheets, dishes and glasses provided
Island and bar stools
700 feet of private access to clear Medina River for swimming and fishing
WIFI with internet and good cell service
Washer and dryer
Front porch with seating for four guests
Side covered porch with seating for 4 guests
Wildlife viewing, birding and hiking
Guests must bring their own river towels
Carport for covered parking
Crystal clear river for swimming and fishing
Wildlife viewing, birding and hiking
Deer feeder with lots of wildlife
Rates and Details
Extra guest fee is $25, per day, after 4 guests
Maximum of 13 guests
Up to two well behaved dogs welcome
Pet fee is $25 per day, per pet
Max two pets and size limit is restricted, message us at time of booking. At no times are pets allowed on leather couches and pets must be crated when the home is unattended
Cleaning fee is $150
$300 Security Deposit
Smoking outside only
No hunting permitted on the property
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Property is on a water well. Bottled water is recommended
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This house has a non-standard cancellation policy
The orchards here earned Medina the title of "Apple Capital of Texas," but there's more here than that! Ride the challenging Twisted Sisters Motorcycle Trail through the Hill Country, or take a more relaxing tube ride down the Medina River. Get your fill of satisfying barbecue and other American fare during your visit, too!
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 65 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 45 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 28 miles
Garner State Park: 55 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 25 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas