The Ranch Oak House in BanderaPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- We've had guests rave about the stunning woodwork and high ceilings in this amazing Hill Country hideaway!
- This one-of-a-kind wagon wheel chandelier not only adds a Texas touch to the house, but highlights the beautiful vaulted ceilings.
- Your hosts provide all the firewood you'll need for your visit here!
- On chilly nights, the big stone fireplace in the living area creates a toasty ski-lodge feel-not something you'd ordinarily expect in Texas!
- Every decorative detail in the Ranch Oak House has been chosen to evoke a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
- The thoroughly modern country kitchen is equipped with great appliances, and all the cookware and serving ware your crew will need for a good feed!
- Your family will dine in style around the dining table, warm natural light makes breakfast an anticipated event.
- Check out the pretty Hill Country views you'll have from the dining nook!
- The comfy master bedroom features a wood accent wall and a great big king-sized bed. Additionally, clean bed and bath linens are provided for all.
- Matched twin beds in the second bedroom make it a great spot for kids to rest at night!
- Hang your hat, pardner, and catch some restful Z's! With an additional sofa bed in the living area, the Ranch House comfortably sleeps six.
- The two bathrooms in the Ranch House are kept spotlessly clean, and feature fluffy and clean bathroom linens, too.
- A vibrant splash of color and plenty of shelf space for your toiletries help you feel at home, even in the bath!
- Delightful and historic western touches make the Ranch Oak House fit in perfectly with Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World!
- Some folks consider a horseshoe a symbol of good luck. We'll do all we can to give our visitors a great getaway!
- Texas Monthly magazine raved about the Ranch Oak House as one of the best places to stay in Bandera. Come see why!
- Fire up the grill or the New Braunfels smoker, and enjoy a feast in a fresh-air setting on the shaded porch!
- Just a mile from the nightlife and shops of downtown Bandera, the location here is rural enough for privacy and great Hill Country views.
- This photo gives a unique view of the peaceful class and luxury of both the inside and outside of the Ranch Oak House.
- Feel up to a tubing trip? You'll only be a mile from the fun on the water of the Medina River!
- Kids and pets are both welcome at this great family-friendly rental! There's even a kennel available for your pet.
- You'll be able to park in a covered carport, and there's a washer and dryer available in a utility shed close by.
- The exterior is nicely lit at night for the safety of your family.
- The official name of the Ranch Oak House is the Anchorage, and it's been lovingly refurbished and modernized for your comfort and enjoyment!
As mentioned in Texas Monthly, there's no better way to take in the Cowboy Capital of the World and the surrounding Hill Country than the Ranch Oak House in Bandera! It's only a mile from downtown, yet it's rural enough for you to savor the mountain views and local birds and wildlife. This pet-friendly and kid-friendly rental combines authentic Texas decor in its interior, highlighted nicely by its uniquely Texas setting. With its tile flooring from D'Hanis and a smoker from New Braunfels, it's loaded with Texas touches!
Built as a family lodge in the late 1940s, this cozy cabin rental still reflects the charm and care put into it, along with modernized touches. It's been thoroughly renovated with updated appliances, plumping, and wiring, while still retaining its period appearance. The location of this Bandera ranch house is ideal for your next vacation, with the excitement and fun of Bandera and the Medina River close by, along with peaceful country surroundings.
A covered outdoor patio runs the length of the cabin out back, complete with an outdoor dining set, and there's even covered parking for your vehicle. An authentic Texas BBQ meal prepared on the smoker and grill would be just perfect to enjoy on the patio! The shed adjacent to the cabin has laundry facilities for you to use, and your well-behaved pet is welcome here, so long as they're kenneled when left alone. There is a dog kennel available, too. Smokers in your group are welcome to light up, but outside only.
The cabin's interior glows with rich, warm woodwork, instantly giving it a strong Texas ranch feel. You and yours will sleep peacefully on the four beds in the two bedrooms and living area here, with accommodations for up to six people. There are two full baths, one with a glass shower enclosure, the other with a tub and shower combo. Additionally, all bed and bath linens are provided. The kitchen is fully decked out with appliances, cookware and utensils. The living area, highlighted by a huge wagon-wheel chandelier, features a large stone fireplace, firewood for which is included. Tech-wise, you'll have wireless Internet, excellent cell coverage, and an MP3-compatible stereo system. All interior spaces are kept comfortable with central air and heating units.
Backroads Reservations invites our friends to enjoy the best of the Hill Country in this secluded western ranch house near Bandera. Contact us soon for more booking info!
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
King size bed in master bedroom
First bath with glass enclosed shower
Twin beds in second bedroom
Second bath with tub / shower combination
Fold out Queen sofa bed for two in the living area
Kitchen with coffee maker, microwave, range top, convection oven, refrigerator
Excellent cookware and appliances
Washer & dryer in adjacent shed
New Braunfels smoker & charcoal grill
Ipod / MP3 capable stereo sound system
Water softener system
All bath & bed linens provided
Utensils & dishes provided
Rates & Details
Extra guest fee is $25, per day, after 2 guests
Maximun of 6 guests
Pet fee is $20 per day, per pet
Cleaning fee is $80
Dogs must remain with owner or kenneled if left alone
Smoking outside only
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 55 miles
Medina River: 5 miles
Guadalupe River: 30 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 45 miles
Garner State Park: 50 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 10 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas