Majestic Oaks Farm - Old HousePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- The farm-fresh breakfasts here are a huge hit with our visitors! As our recent guest Teresa put it, "Breakfast was delivered to our place with a lot of care and love. We truly enjoyed our stay."
- You'll have access to the swimming pool at the main house-the perfect place to take the edge off those hot Texas summers!
- Sip your coffee and rock away a quiet Hill Country morning moment on the porch.
- Rich, dark wood flooring and antique furnishings and accents give the Old House a dignified and friendly vibe.
- How many hotel rooms feature a Franklin wood stove?
- Satellite TV and Wifi are installed in the climate-controlled Old House, and the living area sofa doubles as a comfy bed for a third guest, as well.
- The original wood stove and cabinets are still part of the full kitchen, and utensils and dishes are included. Don't forget your complimentary country breakfast and fresh-baked cookies!
- The original, and functional, wood stove and cook top is the centerpiece of the authentic country kitchen!
- Youngstown kitchen cabinets, and the accompanying twin sink, are vintage furnishings as historic as the house itself!
- A roomy and comfortable queen-sized bed offers warm slumber for two, and clean bed and bath linens are part of your stay.
- Check out the vintage clawfoot tub! A hand-held shower attachment is included for your cleanup convenience.
- The miniature horses on the farm love greeting visitors!
- If this little guy could talk, he'd tell you about the charcoal grill on the property and amazing Hill Country views! Or, he might just ask for some oats.
Your whole family will love this vintage home from the late 19th and early 20th century! It's been lovingly restored into one of the best family trip vacation rentals in the Hill Country. The Old House at Majestic Oaks is a sweet little bed and breakfast close to towns like Tarpley and Bandera. From your complimentary breakfast to the swimming pool and miniature horses here, you'll grow to love all the special touches-all in the heart of the beautiful Texas Hill Country.
Majestic Oaks has two cabins that sit on an 80-acre working farm, all of which you're welcome to discover-it's fantastic for wildlife and bird watching and hiking! The miniature horses here love the company and attention of visitors, and they're a huge hit with the kids. Beyond the farm itself, there are miles of country roads where you can explore the Hill Country, and Garner State Park, Lost Maples and Hill Country State Natural Areas, and the tubing Mecca of the Medina River are all within a half hour's drive.
The cozy shaded porch here looks out over the swimming pool, where guests are welcome to take a dip! You'll have use of a charcoal grill, where your whole crew will enjoy a hearty BBQ meal, prepared and enjoyed in the fresh Hill Country air. The porch is generously furnished with patio furniture, and our smoking guests are more than welcome to do so, if they keep it outside.
Every morning, you'll be treated to a complimentary breakfast, featuring bread or muffins, juice and coffee. The home is appointed with wood floors and vintage touches like a Franklin wood stove, a clawfoot tub, original sink and cabinets, and a wood stove. No worries, though; the kitchen's also fitted with modern appliances, utensils, cookware, and glasses. The full bath includes not only the vintage tub, but a hand-held shower head. The soft beds comfortably sleep up to three, and two additional guests are welcome, if you provide air mattresses. Bed and bath linens for all are included, as is bottled water-and you're welcome to a jar full of homemade cookies! Tech extras include a satellite TV with DVD player, a local phone, Wifi Internet access, and good cell service. Ceiling fans and box air and heating units keep the home perfectly comfy.
Whether you're seeking a family outing or a romantic getaway, you'll love the homey charm of the Old House! Get a hold of us at Backroads Reservations, and we'll be delighted to help you with booking.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Lovingly restored late 1800s to early 1900s vintage house
Bath with claw foot tub and hand held shower
Living area with Franklin wood stove
Pull out twin bed sofa
Kitchen with original wood stove and cook top
All dishes, glasses, flatware, cutlery and cooking utensils provided
Original Youngstown kitchen cabinets and sink
Front porch overlooking the swimming pool
Window unit A/C and heat
Continental breakfast and homemade cookies provided
Beautiful swimming pool and grounds (shared with another cabin)
Several gentle miniature horses to view and pet
Wi-Fi internet access
Satellite TV with DVD
Library of VCR movies
Bottled drinking water provided
Wildlife and bird viewing
Charcoal BBQ grill
Rates and Details
House sleeps 3 guests in a bed and 1 on an twin pull out
Additional 2 guests allowed if guest brings an air mattress.
Cleaning Fee is $75
$20 per guest, per night, over the first two guests
Children allowed (5 years or older only)
Pets not allowed
Smoking outside only
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Property is on a water well. Bottled water is recommended
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Some say tiny Tarpley is easy to miss; those folks just don't know what they're missing! The Hill Country surrounds Tarpley, offering some of the most beautiful views in Texas. Check out Mac and Ernie's Roadside Eatery, which has been featured on two shows on the Food Network for their cuisine.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 40 miles
Medina River: 15 miles
Guadalupe River: 45 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 30 miles
Garner State Park: 30 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 10 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas.