The Last Outpost Fishing CabinPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- When photos can't do place justice, we turn to our guests! LaChelle stayed here, & told us, The fishing cabin is even cuter in person. Its entrance & cabin itself is tucked into the trees, so it feels very private. The entire property is picturesque
- All that glitters may not be gold, but the glowing woodwork lends a vibrant energy to the cabin's interior. You'll also enjoy the added comforts of AC and satellite TV!
- Rest your head on the plush queen-sized bed up in the loft! The bed and bathroom both come with a full supply of clean linens.
- Please let us know if you're bringing more than two people, there's a sleeper sofa in the living area to accommodate up to two more.
- Surround yourself in the Fishing Cabin's rustic yet clean atmosphere-it's a perfect place to relax and recharge.
- Not only does the kitchen come with a stove top, microwave, mini fridge, and coffee pot, but your hosts provide hearty breakfast fixings, too!
- The full bath, complete with a big walk-in shower, provides a spotless place to get spotless, yourself.
- Our visitors love the fun western touches throughout the cabin, giving it a rugged bunkhouse feel.
- A charcoal grill and fire pit on the property will help create a fun atmosphere outside the cabin, too!
- Once you take the scenic path here, you'll want to return again and again!
- Longhorns, buffalo, and other wildlife stroll the nearby pastures, and amateur astronomers love the great big open skies at night!
- This way to a fun and intimate Hill Country holiday!
- Beyond the wildlife-spotting and stargazing opportunities at the Last Outpost, there are also those amazing mountain views.
If you're interested in visiting the Cowboy Capital of the World, or would like to check out the stunning views of the surrounding Hill Country, the Fishing Cabin at the Last Outpost is your Bandera accommodation that's perfect for a great vacation in Texas! It's secluded, quiet, and comfortable, with access to several Hill Country towns all within a short drive. From a complimentary continental breakfast to the colorful mountain sunsets here, your days will be filled with adventure and beauty.
Large game ranches surround this wonderful cabin, so you can literally watch the buffalo roam! A seasonal creek flows through the property, where you'll have private access for swimming and catch-and-release fishing (please check with us for creek status before you book). Within a half hour's drive of the Fishing Cabin are tubing on the Medina and Guadalupe Rivers, the pristine natural beauty of the Hill Country State Natural Area, and the shops and attractions of Bandera, Kerrville, and Medina.
Continental breakfast items and beverages will be stocked in the mini fridge for your convenience. Savor your breakfast-and the spectacular views-from the front porch, and enjoy conversation with other snacks and meals you prepare throughout the day around the Chimenea, enjoy the fire pit, or cook on the charcoal grill.
Rustic and bright woodwork dresses the cabin, all decked out in a traditional fishing theme. Between the queen bed in the loft bedroom and the sleeper sofa, the space offers comfortable slumber for up to three. The stylish bathroom features a large shower, and all bed and bath linens needed for your stay are provided. The kitchen is furnished with a mini fridge (no freezer), stove top, microwave, and coffee pot. Window heating and AC keep the cabin climate-controlled year round, and there's a TV with satellite service and a DVD player and a CD-equipped stereo for your entertainment. Please be aware that due to the remote location, there is no Wifi service here, and cell coverage can be spotty at times.
The romantic and secluded Fishing Cabin is an amazing get-away-from-it-all setting, yet it's still located close to neighboring towns and attractions. Your next Hill Country getaway gets started with a quick message to us at Backroads Reservations!
COVID-19 UPDATE: This accommodation is open for business. Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 4/15/2020
Queen bed in loft
Double sleeper sofa
Bath with shower
Kitchen with mini-fridge (no freezer), stovetop, microwave and coffee pot
Box unit air & heat
Breakfast items left in cabin
Regular Coffee Pot
Satellite TV with VCR
No WIFI and some cell carriers are spotty
Stereo with CD
Fire pit w/wood
Front porch with seating
Chimenea for small outdoor fires
Outdoor charcoal grill available
Million-dollar views from property
Creek for swimming & catch-and-release fishing (seasonal creek)
Rates and details
3 rental cabins on the property and the host lives on-site
Children allowed (must be at least 10 years)
Pets not allowed
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 60 miles
Medina River: 10 miles
Guadalupe River: 25 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 40 miles
Garner State Park: 50 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 15 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas