Highlander River HousePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- This pretty country home sets the stage for a wonderful Hill Country adventure for your entire family!
- Gorgeous mountain views by day, stunning stargazing by night!
- Our recent guest Matthew told us, "The River House is an absolute gem in a beautiful setting! Great proximity to Lost Maples and Bandera, and a beautiful view overlooking the Medina River."
- Warm, natural light greets you each morning in the master bedroom, furnished with a plush and comfy queen-sized bed.
- Two double-sized futons can be found in the third bedroom-and all sleeping spaces come with clean and soft linens.
- Five window AC units, space and wall heaters, and ceiling fans throughout the home keep your interior space just the way you like it!
- The second bedroom has two twin-sized beds-a perfect and comfortable sleeping space for the kids!
- Relax on the sun deck as you take in bird's eye, treetop views of the Hill Country!
- A smart TV with Roku, CD player, and Wifi Internet are just some of the entertainment options you'll enjoy here!
- Beamed and vaulted ceilings, along with stylish woodwork, give the living area a warm and relaxing atmosphere. There's also a sleeper sofa, so the entire house sleeps up to eight!
- This tidy little corner table serves equally well as an intimate breakfast nook or the setting for a friendly game of cards.
- All the appliances and space you'll need for a culinary masterpiece are provided in the full country kitchen.
- Conveniently located adjacent to the kitchen, you'll find this handsome and functional dining space.
- Those stylish kitchen cupboards are filled with all the cookware, utensils, glasses, and serving ware you'll need!
- Friendly and homey furnishings and decorative touches make the River House more than just another place to stay.
- The Highlander's decor and furnishings provide not only a comfortable and stylish space, but a functional one, as well.
- The utility room includes a washer and dryer, and an industrial double sink, for your cleanup convenience.
- The clean full bathroom features a shower and tub combo-and all the bathroom linens you'll need for your visit.
- Natural light floods the bathroom through a window which provides privacy at the same time.
- Plenty of wildlife frequent the area, and with the big windows in the living area, you can even check out the natural beauty from inside!
- Not only will you have private access to the Medina River, but Lost Maples and Hill Country State Natural Areas are close by, as is Garner State Park!
The elevation of the Highlander Medina River House provides eye-popping views of the Hill Country, and a great perch for bird watching and wildlife viewing! The stairs behind the guest home are very steep, however they lead to private access to the Medina River, where you can enjoy the river to your heart's content. When you visit here, you'll not only enjoy the peace and quiet of a tranquil country setting, but you'll be just six miles northwest of the attractions of Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World.
This beautiful waterfront vacation rental offers more than its riverside location! It's also within an hour's drive of the Guadalupe River in Kerrville, the Lost Maples and Hill Country State Natural Areas, and Garner State Park, as well. It's a nature lover's paradise, with plenty for the city slickers to enjoy, too! (Please note before booking that the stairs leading to the river are quite steep and should not be used by those with mobility limitations or for carrying tubes, kayaks or water activity equipment. For safety reasons, children under five are not allowed on the property.)
Outside, you'll find a spacious patio with an outdoor dining area, as well as a sun deck that overlooks the river and the mountain views beyond. Both are equipped with patio furniture, as well. The Highlander also has a wood smoker and gas grill, so be sure to plan for at least one feast of Texas-style BBQ! This home serves well as a spacious retreat for your family, or a romantic couples' getaway! Keep in mind this is a non-smoking property.
Woodwork, stone floors, and beamed ceilings provide a welcoming environment inside. Between its three bedrooms and sleeper sofa in the living area, the Highlander provides comfy sleeping space for up to eight people. The bath is newly renovated with a shower and tub combo, and all bed and bath linens are provided. The full kitchen comes complete with all the appliances, cookware, serving ware, utensils and glasses you'll need, and there's also a laundry room! Tech-wise, there's a TV with Roku, CD player, Wifi Internet service, and good cell coverage. Interior comfort is covered by multiple window AC units, ceiling fans, and wall and space heaters.
This gorgeous Medina River cabin has everything you'll need as a home base for your next Hill Country holiday! Message us at Backroads Reservations, and we'll help get the ball rolling.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
**Note that the stairs are very steep to get the water and they are not to be used for carrying any tubes and/or water-related gear.**
**Fireplace currently being restored and not to be used**
Master bedroom with Queen bed
Second bedroom with two twin beds
Third bedroom with two double futons
Bath with tub and shower combination
Living room with sleeper sofa
Kitchen equipped with oven, range top, microwave, refrigerator, toaster oven and regular coffee maker (no dishwasher)
All dishes, glasses, flatware, cutlery, pots and pans and kitchen utensils provided
Dining area off the kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen
Five window air conditioning units
Wall and space heaters
Ceiling fans throughout
Patio with outdoor dining area
Sun deck with chairs overlooking the river
Staircase to river
Smart TV with Roku
Wood burning smoker
Bed and bath linens are provided
Rates and Details
Extra guest fee is $15, per day, after 4 guests
Maximum of 8 guests
Cleaning fee is $85
No children under five years of age
No pets allowed
No smoking allowed on property
Signed release of liability required
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Property is on a water well. Bottled water is recommended.
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This property requires a release of liability form to be signed before check-in
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 60 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 30 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 40 miles
Garner State Park: 50 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 15 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas