Hacienda del Rio on the MedinaPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- The River Home is adorned with a stylish and roomy outdoor patio. Take a look skyward at night for some amazing stargazing!
- Our guest Tracie loved her stay here! "We LOVED the place! With plenty of room to roam! The walk to creek was beautiful and the daily wildlife was just a bonus! I would definitely recommend staying here!"
- Swim, fish, and savor the peaceful and natural beauty of the Medina River with your own private access.
- A private staircase leads from the River Home to the Medina. Please be aware the steps can be a little steep, and some of your folks might need a helping hand.
- The Medina River's yours to enjoy! As our guest Jodi put it, "The river is literally in your backyard and the sunsets are stunning!"
- The comfortable living room features plush furniture, TV with Roku, and there's Wifi Internet service and central air and heating throughout the house.
- Natural light spills into this corner of the living room, conveniently furnished with a table perfect for gaming and conversation.
- Antique woodwork highlights the dining room, which offers a historic and homey setting for your family feasts.
- As if the well-appointed kitchen weren't enough, there's also a charcoal grill outside for your BBQ masters!
- A four-poster queen-sized bed in the master bedroom provides a little slice of history and a lot of restful slumber!
- Here's the fourth bedroom, with two twin beds. Overall, there's restful sleeping space for up to ten people, and all beds are covered with clean and comfy linens.
- The second bedroom is immediately adjacent to the master, and features a warm and soft double bed. Clean bed and bath linens are provided for everyone, too!
- Up to four guests can rest their heads after an eventful day on the two double beds in the third bedroom.
- The downstairs level of the River Home includes this clean and convenient half-bath. All the bathrooms and bedrooms here include complimentary linens.
- A second living space is upstairs, in the form of a TV room with two comfortable sofas. With double the space, everyone will have plenty of room to stretch out and relax!
- The upstairs TV room includes a TV (thus the room's name!) with a DVD player, as well as Wifi Internet service.
- All told, the River Home has three-and-a-half bathrooms for our guests' convenience-three upstairs, and a half-bath downstairs.
- You won't find clawfoot tubs like this just anywhere! Sink in for a good soak in the full bath by the third bedroom upstairs.
- Here's a look at the spotlessly-clean shower in the Jack & Jill bathroom. All the bathroom and bedroom linens your crew will need are provided.
- The master and second bedrooms upstairs share this colorful Jack & Jill bath, which is fully equipped with a shower.
- A convenient shower and tub combo can be found in the third upstairs bathroom. As you can see, there's tons of cleanup space for everyone!
- While the home has been modernized, the owners have been careful to retain its historical charm.
- The owners of the River Home keep the place immaculately clean for the safety and health of their valued guests.
- "This old house has its own charm and we found it comfortable, roomy, and interesting," our guest Mary shared with us after her recent stay here.
- " It has a very historical feel. I could almost see the cowboy on his horse riding down the driveway," our guest Alison shared with us, noting the River Home's respect for local history.
- This riverside palace was built in the 1930s, and built to last! It's been modernized to provide a fun and memorable Hill Country getaway for your family and friends.
- You'll have the best of town and country here-a beautiful and private rural setting that's a short drive from the town conveniences of Bandera!
- Your gateway to the adventure and relaxing atmosphere of the river!
- The moment you see the distinctive stone gate at the River Home's entrance, you'll know you're in for something special!
Grandly overlooking the Medina River in the Hill Country is the Hacienda del Rio River Home, a stately and lively setting for your next family getaway! Large and majestic oaks shade the property of this beautiful kid-friendly and budget-friendly guest house. You'll have your own private river access for swimming, fishing, or just kicking back and relaxing along its banks. Just five miles down the road are the hot spots, history, cuisine, and shops of Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World!
The antique gate behind the house leads to a tiered staircase that accesses the Medina below. Surrounding the home is the serene beauty of the Hill Country, where you can enjoy a hike or admire the local wildlife. The countryside is the perfect place to find peace and quiet, or to enjoy quality time with your family you might not be able to normally take advantage of. The scenic setting and amenities here make it the perfect riverfront vacation rental!
Just off the living room is a spacious and shaded patio, replete with outdoor furniture. It's a great place to soak in the scenery, enjoy a glass of wine, and catch up and reminisce. What better way is there to bond than good conversation around a perfectly grilled meal out in the fresh air? The charcoal grill on the property will help you make it happen! If any members of your party smoke, it's allowed here-but outside only.
The exterior stonework, and the grand living and dining room, evoke both comfort and elegance. Both floors are kept comfortable with central air and heating. The kitchen is fully appointed with appliances and cooking and serving utensils, and a washer and dryer are available for stays four days or longer. There are three full baths upstairs, and tucked beneath the staircase downstairs is an additional half-bath. Four bedrooms upstairs supply plush sleeping arrangements for up to tem people on a total of six beds. (Additional guests may sleep on air mattresses, which you provide; please inquire when booking.) The TV in the living room is hooked up with Roku service, and the one in the master bedroom has a DVD player. Wifi Internet access and good cell service are also on hand here.
The Hacienda del Rio is a gorgeous kid-friendly home where you and your family will create holiday memories you'll treasure for years to come. Get your dream vacation underway by contacting us at Backroads Reservations today!
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Master bedroom with a Queen bed
Second bedroom with a double bed
Third bedroom with two double beds
Fourth bedroom with two twin beds
TV room with two sofas
Three baths upstairs with tub/shower combination, shower only and tub only
Half bath downstairs
Large living room
Large dining room
Fully equipped kitchen
Patio off living room
Central air and heat
Private river access
TV with Roku in living room
TV with DVD in upstairs den
Kitchen equipped with pots and pans, dinnerware, cutlery, regular coffee maker, oven, range top, microwave, refrigerator, toaster and blender
All bed and bath linens provided
Washer and dryer (for 4+ day bookings only)
Good cell service
Rates & Details
Extra guest fee is $20, per day, after 4 guests
Maximum of 10 guests
$100 cleaning fee
100 year old water well. We suggest guests bring drinking water
Additional people allowed to sleep on an air mattress (you must bring your own) ask about it at time of booking
Smoking outside only
No pets allowed
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This property requires a release of liability form to be signed before check-in
This house has a non-standard cancellation policy
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 60 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 30 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 50 miles
Garner State Park: 55 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 10 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas