Feather Trees on the Medina RiverPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Our guest Bridget shared her experiences after her visit: "We only went for the weekend & wish we could have stayed longer! Loved the direct access to the river and it's only a 10 min drive to Bandera City Park. So nice!!!"
- The handsomely-appointed dining room offers plenty of space for a family feast! The table is also great for gaming.
- Satellite TV, Wifi, and a big fireplace make the living area of the main cabin a warm and wonderful centerpiece for your Hill Country holiday!
- Warm-colored woodwork and matching flooring give the main house an intimate country lodge feel.
- You'll have private access to the Medina River, for swimming, tubing, and fishing! River depth is seasonal, so please check with us before your visit.
- Two big sofas in the living area provide a soft and cozy space for conversation and relaxation.
- Open-floor design means the kitchen and living area are close together, so no one is ever left out of the conversation!
- Fully decked out with appliances, the country kitchen also includes cooking ware, utensils, serving ware, dishes, and glasses.
- The second table in the dining area serves as an intimate breakfast nook, or as a kids' table for large family gatherings.
- Two twin beds offer comfortable slumber for those in the first bedroom. All bed and bath linens for everyone are included during your stay.
- The second bedroom in the main house has two twin beds and sleeps four. How, you may ask? Two more convenient trundle beds roll out from under!
- The half-shaded rear deck behind the main house has tons of comfortable outdoor furniture-and is a great perch for fantastic Hill Country views!
- The combo charcoal grill and smoker is just the place for the BBQ kings and queens in your group to show off!
- Feather Trees' riverside seating has space for your whole crew to relax, it's also an amazing place to stargaze!
- Our guest Rene loved their stay here! "Great host, great cabin, great location, friendliest folks around and very close to town. 100% recommendable!"
- The cabin is included when you book here, and it's a perfect spot for kids to have their own space, or for anyone seeking a little more privacy.
- Four can sleep in the cabin, with two twin beds and a queen. Both the cabin and main house include soft and clean bed and bath linens.
- The cabin includes a half-bath, and the full bath in the main house has a tub and shower combo. Fluffy bath and bed linens are included for all!
- Comfort is assured in the cabin with window AC and heat, the main house is equipped with central AC and heat.
- Local folks maintain a two-mile hiking trail alongside the Medina for guests to enjoy. Feel free to explore, of course, but we ask you respect the space of others, as well.
- Check out the outside bar and serving area! It's all part of the spirit of convenience and fun at Feather Trees.
- The greatest cure for Texas heat is a cool splash into the swimming hole!
- Bandera's just a few miles from Feather Trees, close enough to be convenient and fun, but far enough for this to be a true country retreat.
- Behind the house is a spacious meadow, a wonderful place for kids and pets to romp and let off steam!
The roominess, amenities, and location of Feather Trees makes it one of the best family- and kid-friendly vacation rentals we have to offer in the Hill Country! Between the main house and the cabin, these comfy guest homes sleeps up to ten of your friends and family-it's a perfect spacious alternative to spreading your group over several separate rooms. You'll have your own private access to the Medina River, and the fun of Bandera-the Cowboy Capital of the World-is right down the road.
Deer and turkeys love to wander the grounds here, which makes the meadow between the buildings and the river perfect for nature lovers. The scenic Medina River is locally famous for its tubing, kayaking, fishing, and swimming, and you and yours will have your own private section of it to enjoy whenever you like! For those in your group who enjoy antiquing, unique cuisine, and special events, nearby Bandera will have plenty to offer them, too.
The main house features a spacious deck with generous outdoor furniture, and an outdoor sink and bar-there's even a ceiling fan on hand to create a comforting breeze. A charcoal grill and smoker will help you whip up a great Texas-style feed, and a waterfront outdoor shower stands ready at the end of an adventurous day on the river. There's ample parking here, pets are welcome, and our smoking friends are welcome to do so, as long as they're outdoors.
The centrally-heated and cooled main house provides plush sleeping arrangements for up to six people, with space for an additional four in the cabin. All bed and bath linens are provided for both properties, and the main house has a full bath with a tub and shower combo (with a half-bath in the cabin). The enormous living area in the main house-complete with a wood-burning fireplace-in tandem with the roomy dining area, is set up with ample seating for your entire crowd. The main house's kitchen features all the appliances, cookware, utensils and glasses necessary for your meals; there's even a spare fridge in the bonus room! The main house is also equipped with satellite TV and Wifi Internet service, and the entire area is served by AT&T cell coverage.
Savor the scenic walks and drives around Bandera from the luxurious and inviting setting of the guest homes of Feather Trees! Contact Backroads Reservations for more information on this Hill Country beauty.
Bedroom with two twin beds
Bedroom with two twin beds with trundle beds beneath
One bath with tub and shower combination
Dining room with seating for ten
Breakfast nook with seating for four to six
Living area with two sofas
Fully equipped kitchen with all dishes, flatware, glasses, utensils, pots and pans
Oven, range top, refrigerator/freezer, microwave and Keurig coffee maker, no dishwasher
Central air and heat
The Outside Cabin (included)
Two twin beds and one Queen bed
Half bath with sink and toilet
Ceiling fan and window unit AC and Heat
Deck with two tables chair, chaise lounges, bench seating, ceiling fan and outdoor sink/bar
Great access to the Medina River
Two 50 AMP plugs for an EV or RV (fee may apply)
WiFi in main house
Wood burning fireplace
Charcoal grill with smoker
Fire pit (below the second retaining wall)
Large parking area for multiple vehicles
Fishing, hiking and wildlife viewing
Pets accepted with fee
No ATVs, fireworks or discharging of firearms permitted
Smoking outside only
Rates and Details
Maximum 10 guests (including children)
Pet fee is $20 per day, per pet
Extra guest fee is $15, per day, after 4 guests
Cleaning fee is $150
$300 Security Deposit
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Approximate distance to the following sites
Frio River: 60 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 25 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 40 miles
Garner State Park: 50 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 15 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas