Tabasco Ranch Star CabinPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- "The cabin was more than I expected and so well appointed and cozy. I'm already planning my next play-cation!" So many of our guests, like Teresa, plan to return after their visits here.
- The star by the door tells you you're in the right place...welcome to the Star Cabin, and the Hill Country!
- Our recent guest Nathan offered his recommendation: "The pictures don't lie and its a wonderful cabin to stay in for the weekend. highly recommended!"
- Central air and heat keep every inch of the stylish Star Cabin comfy, no matter what time of year you visit. You'll also have satellite and cable TV and shared Wifi for your tech needs.
- Coffee basics, a microwave, and mini fridge round out the cozy kitchenette. For more cooking space, check out the shared pavilion!
- Clean up in style and comfort in the shower and tub combo in the cabin's full bath!
- Horseshoes surround the bath mirror for luck, and all the clean and soft linens you'll need are provided.
- The Tabasco Ranch gate stands out alongside the road, and your visit here will stand out, too!
- This unique planter, loaded with prickly pears, is just one of many photo-taking spots enjoyed by our guests.
- "I definitely recommend this cabin especially if you're wanting to get away from the hurtle & bustle of life!" Our recent guest Lauren shared with us.
- The pavilion on the ranch is there for guests to use, and to get to know one another.
- Enjoy good company on the shaded deck at the pavilion!
- The big kitchen area at the pavilion is free for all to use! Please consider your fellow guests, and help us keep it tidy.
- The pavilion features plenty of utensils, cookware, serving ware, and food prep space for a hearty feast!
- A vintage, and functional, wood-burning stove helps cut the chill in the pavilion on cooler days and nights.
- We know our guests love their privacy, but the pavilion also offers space for folks to meet and socialize.
- Share a drink and a chat with new-found friends in the ranch pavilion!
- A shared outhouse (with modern updates, of course) is on the grounds for guests who don't necessarily want to return to their cabins.
- Dig in for a genuine Texas BBQ feed at the pavilion! It has plenty of open-air dining space.
- The shaded pavilion patio has plenty of room to socialize, or you can find a private corner for an intimate conversation.
- What a refreshing escape from the noise and frantic pace of the city!
- The Star Cabin has a wonderfully private tub and shower combo. THIS tub is a wonderful photo background, but not so wonderful for bathing.
- In the mood for a horseback ride? Ask us about stable arrangements for your equine friends!
- Please feel free to pet the horses here! Please don't feed them, though, they sometimes nibble out of excitement, and are on special diets.
- Enjoy the horses at Tabasco Ranch, and bring your own, if you'd like! Check with us for accommodation info.
- Buttercup and Jelly Bean are the photogenic miniature horses at Tabasco Ranch.
The Star Cabin at Tabasco Ranch one of our best cabin rentals in Texas! It's a great private setting for romantic getaways for couples, with its quiet rural setting that's still within half an hour of several fun attractions and towns in the area. When you plan your next romantic weekend vacation, give us a call here at Backroads Reservations! We'll set you up with this awesome cabin, far from the everyday hustle and noise.
Texas Hill Country romantic getaways are tough to book in urban areas-and when you do, they're in a crowded space full of strangers. The Star Cabin at Tabasco Ranch is the best solution for folks seeking lodging in this beautiful region. While it's quiet and remote, it's still just a short drive from the entertainment and events in towns like Comfort, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, and Boerne. It's an ideal Texas lodging rental!
Your romantic weekend getaway will be right at home in the Star Cabin. The queen-sized bed comfortably sleeps two, and there's a full bathroom with a shower. Both bath and bed linens are provided, as are coffee, tea, and condiments in the coffee station. The cabin also comes with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot and utensils. Comfy chairs adorn the light-filled living area, and there's cable and satellite TV, a DVD player, Wifi, and excellent cell coverage. You'll also be in climate-controlled comfort with the Star Cabin's central air and heating. Give us a call to book this gorgeous Hill Country cabin getaway! Stars and horseshoes are good-luck totems that adorn this weekend cabin getaway. The shaded front porch is furnished with a bench seat that provides pretty day time views, and crystal-clear views of the Texas sky on clear nights.
For equestrian enthusiasts, horse boarding is available on this property, too. For a reasonable fee, we'll include a 12 x 12 stable with an indoor/outdoor run and fresh water. Please let us know when you book if you'd like this service. Smoking is allowed outside; please use the provided receptacles.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Note: due to horses and wildlife, pets are not allowed at this property under any circumstances. Host reserves the right to terminate the reservation without a refund if a guest brings a pet
Full bath with shower
Central heat and air
Krups and regular coffee pot
BBQ pits available at the Pond Cabin (see below)
Bottled water provided
Coffee, teas, condiments and other basics for the guest's use
Bed linens, towels and utensils provided
Cable and satellite TV
Shared community WIFI (signal strength may vary, not strong enough to watch movies)
Front porch with seating area
Propane fire pit
Shared laundry area in outdoor building
Rates and Details
Not suitable for children
Pets not allowed
Cleaning fee is $40
Additional $15/night for one-night stay
Early check-in available for a fee. Please message us for details
Late arrivals after 10:00 PM must message us
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
There is a shared Pond Cabin and Pavilion with indoor refrigerator, oven, BBQ pits, ample seating and fire pit available for use (see pictures in listing)
Smoking is allowed outside, and butts must be extinguished in the provided ashtrays or sand buckets. The host will charge $100 if guests smoke in the home.
Overnight horse boarding for $25/day which includes 12x12 stable with an in/out run and access to water. Health papers are required. Contact us for more details. Fee billed separately, please let us know at the time of reservation
Tabasco Ranch has 4 additional accommodations! Please check our other listings for other cabins and availability.
We're centrally located!
5 minutes to downtown Comfort
20 minutes from Fredericksburg
15 minutes from Kerrville
20 minutes to Boerne
35 minutes to 1604 in San Antonio
Famous for its antique shops, wineries, bat-watching, and Hill Country vistas, Comfort combines a welcoming rural setting alongside all the modern conveniences to its guests. Most of the town has been designated a National Historic District for the preservation of its 19th and early 20th century architecture.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 85 miles
Medina River: 35 miles
Guadalupe River: 20 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 60 miles
Garner State Park: 80 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 45 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas