The Roost at Kingfisher RanchPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- After her visit, our guest Vanessa told us, "The house is private, spacious, and the yard is enormous and beautiful. There are no other houses in sight, so it's perfect if you want a pleasant getaway."
- The handsome back deck is tree-shaded most of the day, offering beautiful elevated views of the Hill Country.
- The Roost House keeps folks coming back! It's common to hear feedback like that from our guest Ben: "This is the second time we've stayed and the place is just as great as we remember. We'll be back again!"
- This hilltop gazebo is a prime spot for conversation, relaxation, wildlife watching, and stargazing!
- Cool and calm yourself in the bubbling waters of the nearby creek! Water levels are seasonal, so check with us when you book.
- Gentle falls in the creek create a soothing sound experience as you stroll along its banks.
- With a queen-sized futon in the spacious living area, the Roost House comfortably sleeps up to eight guests. You'll also find Wifi, Roku-equipped smart TV, a new DVD player, and a fireplace!
- "The bedrooms, kitchen and bathrooms were well-appointed and there were plenty of games, books, and puzzles to keep us occupied in addition to TV and Wifi," our recent guest Greg commented about his stay here.
- Beyond the fully-appointed kitchen, you'll see a new washer and dryer combo installed for your convenience!
- The cooks in your crew will love the full country kitchen, decked out with appliances, utensils, cooking and serving ware.
- Bar seating alongside the cleanup island in the kitchen allows for conversation, no matter what else is going on.
- Stylish furnishings and warm natural light set a pleasant stage for every time you set the table.
- The master bedroom features a queen-sized bed, and all three bedrooms feature fluffy and soft bed linens.
- Twin mirrored vanities, tons of counter space, and a generous supply of clean bath linens round out what you'll find in the master bath.
- Sink into some soothing suds in the enormous custom tub in the master bath! There's a shower here, too, for quick and easy cleanup.
- Light decor and a ceiling fan keep the queen-sized bed in the second bedroom airy and comfy! Every inch of the house is climate-controlled with central air, too.
- The plush and comfortable double bed in the third bedroom comes with clean linens, as do all the sleeping arrangements here.
- Clean colors and decor highlight the second bath, as well as fresh and fluffy linens!
- A squeaky-clean tub and shower combo in the second bath make it a snap getting yourself squeaky-clean!
- Drive away the post-vacation dirty laundry blues with this handy washer and dryer combo!
- The open-air gazebo has outdoor furniture, so everyone can relax under the shade of its peaked roof. It's a great place to enjoy a meal prepared on the gas grill!
- Covered parking keeps your vehicles out of the elements, so you won't have to suffer from the Steering Wheel's Too Hot to Touch Syndrome.
- No matter the water level of the creek when you visit, you'll find its banks a delightful spot to decompress and relax.
- Check with us for the creek's water levels before your visit. No matter the time of year, it's a peaceful setting for a stroll or a peaceful time-out.
- The feet of generations of folks have forged a smooth path in the limestone lining the creek.
- The shade, solitude, and silence that surround the creek make it a wonderful place to decompress.
- Plenty of scenic roads wind around the ranch. Set aside some time for a scenic tour of the Hill Country!
- Humans and nature have worked in harmony carving out the gorgeous landscape here.
- The pet-friendly property of Kingfisher Ranch includes a fenced dog run, and ask when you book about getting a critter crate, too!
- 74 acres of virtually untouched Hill Country beauty are yours to explore and enjoy at Kingfisher Ranch!
- This interior shot of the gazebo shows not only plenty of space for your folks, but a wonderful 360-degree Hill Country vista.
You won't find this kind of luxury or homey detail in any hotel room! The Roost at Kingfisher Ranch occupies a sprawling 74-acre ranch and wildlife preserve, and provides country living, hiking, and all-around comfort, making it one of the best guest house vacation rentals in Tarpley. The Roost provides the space and surroundings for the perfect family weekend getaway; it really is a beautiful home-away-from-home setting. It's your cabin in the woods without giving up comfort and value!
Backroads Reservations has the perfect home for your Texas Hill Country family vacation! The Roost at Kingfisher Ranch has been lovingly cared for, and that attention to detail is apparent the minute you arrive. You'll find the best hiking, bird watching, and wildlife viewing available in the Hill Country. Country and city folks will be at home here, because it's close to towns and attractions such as Tarpley, Bandera, Utopia, Medina, and the Hill Country State Natural Area. This property is perfect for family gatherings, and is a kid-friendly space!
Roomy decks adorn the front and back of the Roost, complete with patio furniture, and there's a gazebo out back for even more socializing space. Cook dinner on the provided gas grill, and park your vehicles in the covered carport. Pet-friendly vacation rentals in Tarpley can be tough to find; the yard here is fenced in, making a perfect play space for your four-legged friends. Bountiful trees and a creek add the crowning touches to this property's natural Hill Country beauty (creek flow is seasonal, so please inquire when booking). The spacious grounds offer stargazers awesome skies on clear nights!
Inside, the living area is appointed with comfy furniture and a fireplace, ideal for relaxing. There are three bedrooms; the master and second each have queen-sized beds, and a double in the third. Add to that a queen-sized futon in the living area, and the Roost comfortably sleeps up to eight. The kitchen is fully equipped with appliances, utensils, and a bar-lined island and dining room table, each of which seats four. Two full bathrooms have both tubs and showers, and bed and bath linens are included. Your amenities include central air and heat, TV and DVD player/VCR, Wifi, land line phone, and a washer and dryer. Please keep in mind this is a no-smoking property. All these comforts make the Roost a perfect destination for family vacations in Texas!
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
**For a last-minute weekend stay, you must request to book by Thursday at 12:00 noon**
Queen 2nd bedroom
Double 3rd bedroom
Queen futon in living area
Large tub and separate shower in master
Tub and shower 2nd bath
Fireplace in living area
Fully equipped kitchen
Central air and heat
Regular coffee maker
New Roku smart TV
New Sony DVD player
Spring-fed creek behind the house (seasonal, inquire about water levl at time of booking)
Wonderful bird watching
Front and back deck
Covered parking area
Large fenced yard
Large dog crate available. Please inquire at time of booking
Rates and Details
Extra guest fee is $25, per day, after 2 guests
Maximum 8 guests
Cleaning fee is $65
Pet fee is $20 per day, per pet
No smoking on property
No open fires, charcoal burners
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Some say tiny Tarpley is easy to miss; those folks just don't know what they're missing! The Hill Country surrounds Tarpley, offering some of the most beautiful views in Texas. Check out Mac and Ernie's Roadside Eatery, which has been featured on two shows on the Food Network for their cuisine.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 45 miles
Medina River: 20 miles
Guadalupe River: 40 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 30 miles
Garner State Park: 30 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 15 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera Texas