Rocky River Guest HousePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Stroll on up to the Rocky River Guest House! You'll find Hill Country hospitality, and comfortable space for up to nine guests. Kids are welcome, too!
- The best of both town and country! As our recent guest Nancy put it, "The location was perfect for us being 10 blocks from the hub of town and right on the river."
- Behind the cabin and its neighboring meadow lies your private access to the Medina River! Swim, tube, fish, and relax to your heart's content.
- The back deck is nicely shaded, and even has a ceiling fan for stirring up a Hill Country breeze or two.
- Here's a view of the elevated master suite deck, which offers an incredible view of the Medina River and the Hill Country beyond.
- Plenty of shade above and below allows your folks to enjoy the Hill Country breezes out of the sun!
- The twin swings at Rocky River are wonderful for snuggling, stargazing, and wildlife watching.
- Plenty of oaks and other trees cover the property here. They provide the perfect setting in which you can unwind.
- Gather 'round the fire pit for snacks, wildlife watching, stargazing, and conversation. Firewood is provided, too!
- Central air and heating, along with ceiling fans, assure every moment is comfortable here. The living area features a fireplace and cable TV, and there's wireless Internet service everywhere!
- What does the "H" stand for? How about your haven in the Hill Country? Or home away from home?
- Cooks love the setup at Rocky River! "The kitchen is well stocked with cooking essentials, better than any other Airbnb I've been to," our recent guest Shannon told us.
- Seat yourself and dig in around the delightful dining room table!
- The big country kitchen is stocked with all the appliances and utensils your crew will need for a delicious home-cooked meal!
- There's plenty of elbow room, counter space, and even a clean steel-top prep island for your more culinary folks to go wild!
- "It's the warmest and most inviting home we have stayed in. This home has been loved an well taken care of," our guest Estanislao shared with us after his visit.
- Sleep like royalty on the big king-sized bed in the master bedroom! All sleeping accommodations here come with clean and comfy linens.
- Charming details and homey extras abound at Rocky River. It's a unique and memorable vacation escape for your whole family!
- The master bath includes a roomy mirrored vanity and tub and shower combo. Clean bath linens are provided for guests throughout the house, too.
- Step out from the master suite onto your own private deck! Sip your morning coffee and greet the day with some amazing Hill Country views.
- Conversation and relaxation are yours whenever you'd like in the comfy patio furniture on the shaded deck.
- Stately decor accents the first bedroom downstairs, with a roomy and comfortable king-sized bed.
- Up to five guests can sleep peacefully in the third bedroom, with a queen bed and a double down/twin up bunk bed. This space serves perfectly as a kids' room!
- The second full bath is kept immaculately clean, and features not only a shower/tub combo, but clean linens for all.
- All your cleanup needs are covered here! Rocky River also has a washer and dryer combo for your convenience.
- Color, texture, and decorative details were all considered when preparing this wonderful holiday home..
- The barn door access to the foyer is just one of the homey touches that gives the guest house a personality all its own.
- The welcoming foyer at Rocky River looks like something straight out of a storybook! It definitely sets the stage for a wonderful stay.
- Here's the meadow between the cabin and the Medina. It's also a great open space for kids to play and explore! The property also includes a fire pit and charcoal grill for snacks and BBQ feasts.
- Carefully navigate these steps to the meadow behind the house, and the Medina River is yours to enjoy!
For your next visit to the Texas Hill Country, treat your crew to an amazing waterfront cabin, ideal for a family getaway! The Rocky River House on the Medina River is a spacious, family-friendly guest house with private access to the river, just blocks away from downtown Bandera. Whether you're seeking relaxation, fun, or adventure, this beautiful and budget-friendly rental is uniquely appointed and located to provide everything you'll need for a memorable and exciting Hill Country retreat!
Deer roam the grounds, and the horses from the adjacent Mayan Guest Ranch graze nearby, giving the locale a soothing country feel, even though it's close to the shops and night life of Bandera. A stone stairway trails from the back of the house to the tubing, fishing, and swimming of the Medina, right in your backyard! With room to sleep up to nine, this is an ideal family destination.
Two shaded decks behind the house are replete with patio furniture, ceiling fans and a stereo; it's the perfect place to greet the day, take in the river views, or just decompress. Enjoy quiet moments and full family gatherings alike on the porch swings and around the fire pit-and firewood is included. Show off your BBQ skills on the charcoal grill, too!
The interior is enormous, tastefully creating a comfortable and welcoming environment. Upstairs is a master suite with a king-sized bed, fireplace, bathroom with a shower and tub combo, and access to the upper deck. The two bedrooms downstairs feature two large beds and a one up/two down bunk bed; overall, the house offers warm slumber for up to seven adults and two children. There's also a second bathroom downstairs, with a shower and tub combo, and all bed and bath linens are provided.
Another fireplace graces the roomy living area downstairs, which includes a cable-equipped flat-screen TV. That's not all, though; more cable TVs can be found in each of the bedrooms, and the master suite and living area TVs also have DVD players. Wifi Internet service is available here, as is excellent cell phone coverage. Upstairs and down, the home is kept comfortable with central AC and heating and ceiling fans. There's a full kitchen, and the home also has a laundry room.
This waterfront cabin getaway, loaded with amenities and extras, is an exceptional vacation home for you and your family! Contact us at Backroads Reservations today for booking details.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
House will sleep nine people
Due to sleeping arrangements, a maximum of seven adults and two children can stay.
No more than three children below the age of 5 can stay
Master suite upstairs with electric fireplace, cable TV, DVD, regular coffee maker and deck
Master bath with tub and shower combination
Downstairs bedroom with a King bed
2nd downstairs bedroom with a Queen bed and a bunk bed with a double down and a twin up
Downstairs bath has tub and shower combination
Open living and dining area
Fully equipped kitchen
Large covered deck with ceiling fan and stereo system
Washer and dryer
Flat screen cable TVs in all three bedrooms and cable TV with DVDs in living room and Master
Wireless Internet Access
Fireplaces in living room and in Master bedroom
Kitchen equipped with all pots, pans, dishes, glasses, cutlery, blender, coffee maker, toaster oven, dish washer, oven, range top, refrigerator and microwave
Central air and heat and ceiling fans
All bed and bath linens provided
Excellent private river access
Bird and wildlife viewing
Ten blocks from Main Street and one block from nature trails
Seating and tables on upper and lower decks
Fire pit and charcoal barbeque grill
Rates and Details
Extra guest fee is $25, per day, after four guests
Maximum of nine guests
Due to sleeping arrangements, a maximum of seven adults and two children can stay.
No more than three children below the age of five can stay
Pets not allowed
Cleaning fee is $150
Smoking outside only
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This house has a non-standard cancellation policy
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 55 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 30 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 45 miles
Garner State Park: 50 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 10 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas