The River Rock RetreatPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Our recent guest Meghan enthusiastically shared with us, "This place is exactly as described and more! We had the best weekend away and cannot wait to book here again."
- You'll have private access to the Medina River here, and all the tubing, fishing, and swimming fun that entails!
- Visitors here love how close the river is! "River Access right from the backyard and very comfortable home. Definitely will be back with my family in the future!" our guest Priscilla shared with us.
- What a big and beautiful family getaway space! We'd love to welcome you to your home away from home in the Hill Country.
- Natural lighting and tasteful decor create a clean and welcoming atmosphere in the living area.
- Between the bar seating and dining table, there's plenty of room for your whole crew to chow down in style!
- The modern kitchen features all the appliances, cookware, and serving ware you'll need, tons of counter space, and even bar seating so folks can chat while prepping meals.
- If you have folks in your group who'd like a moment of privacy, the bedrooms are conveniently located upstairs from the main living and kitchen areas.
- A newly-renovated deck off the master bedroom offers inspiring eagle-eye views of the surrounding Hill Country!
- A big king-sized bed provides comfy sleep for two in the master bedroom, and French doors open out to a private deck!
- Like all the beds in the River Rock Retreat, the master features clean and comfortable linens that are provided for everyone.
- The second bedroom is tastefully appointed with a plush and comfortable queen-size bed.
- Full-sized bunk beds sleep up to four guests in the third bedroom. Save the upper bunks for the kids!
- Upstairs features a full bath with a shower and tub combo. Both baths include fluffy and clean bathroom linens.
- Three roomy and partially-shaded outdoor patios grace the Retreat, and all are outfitted with comfortable outdoor furniture.
- Nope, that's not a UFO landing pad just below the deck-it's a giant-sized checker board!
- Rock your BBQ skills on the modern charcoal grill!
- You'll find tasteful and pretty touches throughout the house, and they'll even greet you before you step inside.
- Sparkling outdoor lighting on the shaded porch add light and atmosphere to your nighttime conversations!
- The tidy downstairs half-bath includes a washer and dryer for your convenience, too.
- Pamper your family with comfort and class at the River Rock Retreat! The home is climate-controlled with central air and heat, and you'll find Wifi and TV with Roku service.
- Comfortable seating encircles the fire pit, and it's the perfect stage for roasting snacks, chatting, and stargazing!
- The grounds here are just perfect for activities like stargazing, hiking, and spotting wildlife like this little critter here.
- "10/10 amazing place to stay, very peaceful and quiet beautiful stars and the place was very clean!" our guest Ivan told us after his visit.
- Grab a tube and have yourself a relaxing float through this gorgeous Hill Country beauty!
- There's plenty of space for kids and dogs to romp here! There's also an enclosed dog run (please have pets approved when you book).
- Your section of the Medina is bracketed on the other side by a picturesque limestone bluff.
- King me! OF course, we do everything big here in Texas, that includes our checkers.
- You'll find unique touches even in and around the fire pit here!
Break loose from the day-to-day grind with an amazing riverside holiday retreat in the picturesque Hill Country! Even though the River Retreat is a few miles from downtown Bandera, you'll find a peaceful country setting with private access to fun water activities on the Medina River. Bring along the kids, and even the family dog, to this charming, clean, and modern guest home. From relaxation to rowdy adventure, this great vacation rental fills the bill no matter what's on your holiday schedule!
The three-acre property features private Medina River access at the back of the lot (5 minute walk), with a stunning view of the bluffs overlooking the river. Fish, swim, and float to your heart's content! For those hankering for "in-town" time, the nightlife, food, and antiquing of Bandera is right down the road.
Relax in three outdoor gathering spaces: a second-story deck off the master bedroom; a lower-level deck with built-in benches, and a side patio furnished with rocking chairs. The upper deck is a prime location to take in the wide-open Texas skies, day or night. Nothing tastes better than BBQ in the fresh air, and there's a charcoal grill for just that. While away a quiet night and admire the starry skies above the fire pit out back. One of the kids' favorites here is the giant-sized checkerboard, a fun twist on a family favorite. The property also has an enclosed dog run (dogs only, please; no cats). Smoking is allowed, but in the fire pit area only.
The fully remodeled Retreat has a bright, cheerful atmosphere that exudes its own refreshing energy. All sleeping spaces are upstairs, with king, queen, bunk, and roll-away beds that sleep up to eight guests (upper bunks and roll-aways are specifically for kids). There's a full bath with a shower/tub combo upstairs, and a half-bath with a washer and dryer on the main level. All the bed and bath linens you'll need are included. The open-concept living, dining, and kitchen areas are furnished with modern furniture and appliances, and tech pluses like smart TV and Wifi. The entire guest home is kept comfortable year round with central air and heat, and ceiling fans throughout.
Give us a shout at Backroads Reservations to book this amazing family vacation getaway! The River Rock Retreat is sure to book quickly.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Master bedroom with a King bed and an outside deck with chairs and table
Second bedroom with a Queen bed
Third bedroom with full sized bunk beds (upper bunk is for children only)
One bathroom with a shower/tub combo upstairs, half bath downstairs
Master bedroom includes a workspace
Large living room with couch seating for three
Dining table with seating for four
Large bar area with four barstools
Kitchen equipped with oven/range top, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, Keurig coffee maker, all pot, pans, cutlery, flatware, utensils, dishes and glasses provided
Central heat and air
Private access to the Medina River that runs behind the property
Three outdoor patios with seating
Large flat screen with some free Roku channels
WIFI with internet access
Washer and dryer
Large outdoor porch with string lights and ample seating
Firepit with six chairs
Full sized outdoor checkers game
Wildlife viewing, birding and hiking
Swimming, tubing and fishing
Rates and Details
Walk to the river takes about 5 minutes. Please wear appropriate footwear
The minimum age of main guest must be is 25 years old
Six adults and two children can sleep in beds
Nightly rate based on four guests. Each additional guest is $25/day
Extra guest fee is $25, per guest, per day, after the first 4 guests
Cleaning fee is $165
$250 refundable security deposit
Two additional-roll aways for small children can be made available (upon request and fees may apply)
Dogs ok, cats not allowed (all pets must be approved at time of booking)
Enclosed dog run
Children under two stay free
Smoking and vaping outside only
No hunting permitted on the property
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Release of liability is required to stay
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Approximate distance to the following sites
Frio River: 60 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 25 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 45 miles
Garner State Park: 55 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 15 miles
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas