Potato Flats Ranch housePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Welcome to Potato Flats! As our guest Verna put it, "The house is out in the country and is a awesome place to stay. It is very pretty and serene there."
- Fire up the charcoal grill, and you'll have your whole crew gathering for a feast when the Hill Country breeze carries the scent to them!
- Serve up a fresh-air picnic on this picturesque waterfront deck!
- A nicely shaded porch wraps around the house, and it's equipped with rocking chairs for a relaxing sit-down.
- This is your official greeter, Charlie the donkey. The hosts don't have the heart to tell him he isn't in charge!
- Your Hill Country haven awaits! We can't wait to share with you how beautiful this place is.
- Plenty of wildlife and plant life is available for viewing here! Though we recommend admiring the more pointy things from a distance.
- Whether it's a sip of morning coffee or a glass of Texas wine, it all goes down better in the fresh country air!
- A Ben Franklin stove and other vintage furnishings give the house both a warm and nostalgic feel.
- Fun cowboy touches give personality to Potato Flats. After all, you ARE in Texas!
- With ceiling fans in every room, along with central AC and heat, the temperature inside will always be just right, no matter when you visit.
- History and tech come together! For example, you can use cell service to learn about Franklin stoves-with one right by your side.
- You can almost hear Ma ringing the dinner triangle, calling her folks to the handsome wood dining table!
- Plenty of appliances and utensils are on hand in the full country kitchen...and don't forget there's a grill outside, too!
- Natural light fills the master bedroom, which features a truly Texan place to sleep: a soft double bed with a Lone Star headboard!
- There's a nice, big mirrored vanity in the master bath, too! Plenty of clean bathroom linens are included.
- The sparkling-clean master bath features a nice glass-door step-in shower.
- With a hallway separating the main space from the bedrooms, those seeking some private time will be able to without any inconvenience.
- A super-comfy double bed in the second bedroom invites peaceful slumber for two. All the beds in the Ranch House come with fluffy, clean linens.
- Kids over ten are welcome here, and the matched twin beds in the third bedroom make for a perfect sleeping space for them.
- The second bath is located conveniently off the main hallway, and features a tub and shower combo.
- Bring your crew (kids ten and older, please) to the rustic, fun, and comfy Potato Flats Ranch House.
- Keep up with your laundry in this handy utility room, it'll save you the headache of dealing with it after your stay!
- We couldn't sum up the experience any better than our recent guest Linda did: "If you're looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city life or just searching for peace and quiet, this is the place!"
- Charley the donkey will be right up to open the gate for you! (Kidding, of course, you will have perfectly wonderful human hosts.)
- If you'd like to see more of our gorgeous Texas Hill Country, there are plenty of winding roads in the vicinity, on which you can take a scenic tour!
- Our guests are invited to bring horses along for a nice ride around the ranch, please ask for info when you book.
- For more natural beauty, the Hill Country State Natural Area is just minutes away from Potato Flats.
- Sunsets and starry night skies are just two examples of the shows nature puts on here!
- Charlie the donkey would give the ranch house a five-star review, but he can't type. Stop by and ask him in person!
- Touches of Hill Country history are among the pleasant surprises you may find on a nature hike.
- Not pictured: huge asphalt parking lot and shouting crowds. You'll never find those things here!
Take in the most beautiful aspects of the Texas Hill Country, with the emphasis on country! The Potato Flats Ranch House provides stylish interior comfort surrounded by stunning mountain views in a waterfront setting on this 600-acre working ranch. With plush accommodations for up to six people, this spacious and luxurious guest house rental creates the perfect relaxation and decompression zone. Also, you'll be amazed to discover this rural wonderland is less than ten miles from downtown Bandera!
Chances are you'll see Charlie the donkey, as he oversees the goings-on at his sprawling country home. There's plenty of room to hike, bird watch, and ride horses, and there are pens and stalls here for your equine companions. Outdoor enthusiasts love the location; this country rental is 15 miles from the Hill Country State Natural Area, and within ten miles of Medina River tubing, fishing, and swimming in Bandera. For night life, shopping, and great food, Bandera, Pipe Creek, and Tarpley are all close by.
A shaded, wrap-around porch surrounds the house, offering fresh country breezes and panoramic views of the Hill Country in all directions. The porch is furnished with rocking chairs, which are a wonderful way to enjoy a mellow moment or two. There's a charcoal grill, too, if you're in the mood for a hearty outdoor meal. Kids over ten are welcome to explore the ranch, but keep in mind that pets and smoking are not allowed on the property.
Cowboy decor, hardwood floors, rustic furnishings, and even a Ben Franklin stove, highlight the warm and welcoming interior here. The spacious living room and dining areas provide comfortable seating, and the full kitchen features appliances and utensils. Up to six guests sleep in plush comfort in the house's three bedrooms, with two double beds and two twin beds overall. The master bath has a shower, and the hallway bath features a shower/tub combo; all bed and bath linens are provided. The TV has both VCR and DVD players, with a library of VCR movies to enjoy. With ceiling fans in every room, and central air and heat, your interior comfort is assured. Finally, there's a washer/dryer combo, too.
The Potato Flats Ranch House is the home of country comfort for your Hill Country getaway! Contact us at Backroads Reservations to book this incredible vacation rental.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Double bed in master bedroom
Double bed in second bedroom
Two twin beds in third bedroom
Shower in master bathroom
Bathtub with shower in hallway bathroom
Fully equipped kitchen
Central air & heat
Ceiling fans in every room
Pens & stalls for horses (please inquire for details)
Hiking & birdwatching
Outdoor charcoal grill
Wrap-around shaded porch with rocking chairs
Regular coffee maker
Ben Franklin stove
Television with VCR and VCR movies and DVD player
No WIFI, but good cellular service on many carriers
Rates & Details
Two night minimum
6 total guests allowed
Infants and children over 10 only
Maximum speed on the ranch is 15 MPH
Cell service may be spotty
$175 per night for up to two guests
$75 cleaning fee
$25 per guest, per night over the first two guests
No pets allowed
No smoking or open fires allowed anywhere on the ranch
Release of liability required
Bed linens, towels and kitchen utensils provided
Horses welcome for small additional charge. Must have negative Coggins test
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 60 miles
Medina River: 10 miles
Guadalupe River: 30 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 45 miles
Garner State Park: 55 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 15 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texa