Omie's Ranch Haus in FredericksburgPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- The shaded comfort of the wraparound porch serves up stunning views of the surrounding Hill Country!
- Omie's Ranch Haus was a genuine family home for years. Come visit us and fill it with some family memories of your own!
- "The deer, cows, sheep, are active around all sides of the house, all day. It's quite the spectacle at times. I look forward to going back to Ranch Haus for more relaxing getaways," our guest Zachary told us about the animal life during his visit.
- You can almost hear the gentle creak of the porch swing as refreshing Hill Country breezes waft over you.
- Our guest Amanda loved her stay here! "Quiet hill country atmosphere with amazing wildlife right outside your door...We will definitely be back!"
- All in all, there are four roomy beds in Omie's Ranch Haus, offering sweet slumber for up to eight guests-all with downy-soft and clean linens!
- Three comfy bedrooms come equipped with two king beds, a queen, and a full-sized bed...awesome sleeping space for the whole family!
- With central AC and heat, as well as speed-adjustable ceiling fans in every room, your comfort inside the home is assured.
- In the roomy master bath, you'll find an enormous mirrored vanity, and a special feature, as well....
- ...an ADA-approved walk-in shower stall with a sturdy brace! All bath linens are supplied here, too.
- The highlight of the third bedroom here is a plush king-sized bed, draped with clean and warm linens-as are all the beds here!
- This immaculately clean bathroom features a roomy tub to soak in, and a vanity with plenty of counter space. Clean bath linens are included as part of your stay!
- Multiple recliners, a gas fireplace, a TV with DVD player and Roku, board games, and Wifi assures the huge living space has something for everyone!
- Our recent guest Erika told us, "The house was fully equipped and exceptionally clean! We would definitely be staying here again!"
- Clean white cabinets, natural light, and vintage furnishings create a fresh and vibrant atmosphere in the kitchen and dining area.
- "Omie" is German for "Grandma," and she made sure her kitchen was well-appointed!
- You'll find all the appliances, cooking and serving ware, dishes, and glasses in the cupboards for a feast that would make Omie proud.
- The home's original owners carved their initials in this stump out back, and the remainder of the tree now serves as a mantle above the fireplace!
- "The views were breathtaking and we delighted in sitting on one of the many porches each morning and evening to enjoy the peace and quiet," our guest Janae recently shared her memory of her stay here.
- A fire pit and charcoal grill out back make it easy to cook up something special outside! There are also corn hole bags and boards, and a telescope for checking out the Milky Way.
- This shy little fella is an Axis deer, one of the many species of local animals you'll see on the grounds.
- Sneak off for some quality time with your special someone in this intimate tree-mounted swing.
- Country roads wind under the wide-open Texas skies here in the Hill Country, and our visitors love to take scenic tours of the region!
- If Omie were still here, she'd want her special guests to make themselves at home!
- Bringing an RV along? Check with us when you book about hookups at Omie's Ranch Haus.
Gemutlichkeit! This German word means good cheer, and it's embodied by this warm and welcoming German Ranch Haus. "Omie" is German for "Grandma," and this was home to a sweet couple whose family and friends filled it for years. You can almost hear their hearty laughter! The mantle was built from a cedar tree, and its stump out back has the couple's names carved into it. Just ten miles from downtown Fredericksburg, this family weekend getaway is nestled in breathtaking Hill Country scenery.
With three bedrooms, and two-and-a-half baths, Omie's Ranch Haus in Fredericksburg is the perfect location for a family getaway or a gathering of friends. It's quiet and remote, replete with wildlife and Hill Country views-and a telescope for stargazing! For modern amenities, it's appointed with a fully-furnished kitchen, fireplace, washer and dryer, TV with DVD player, and Wifi. The entire home is climate-controlled, with both heat and central air.
The open floor plan here is perfect for gatherings of all kinds. The living room features several couches and recliners, and a gas fireplace. Nearby, there's a dining room table that seats four. This property comfortably sleeps up to eight with two king-sized beds, one queen-sized bed, and a roomy full-sized sleeper sofa in one of the bedrooms. Bed and bath linens are also provided.
The kitchen radiates old-world charm without skimping on amenities. There's a fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, and Keurig coffeemaker (coffees and teas provided), as well as basic kitchen utensils. This kitchen was home to many meals and happy conversations-a tradition you're invited to continue!
Outside, there's a two-car covered and detached carport right next to the house. There are also two RV hookups for water and electricity; black water disposal is not available.
Surrounding the property are miles of paved country roads, making it perfect for hiking, biking, and motorcycle riding. There's ample shaded patio space, so you can enjoy the views in any weather. Out back is a fire pit-wood provided-and both front and back have plenty of patio furniture. There's even a corn hole (bags) game for you to enjoy!
Omie's Haus is full of the warmth and joy that family and friends bring. Bring those you hold dear, and use this scenic location to build unforgettable memories of your Hill Country vacation! Check out what makes this one of the top picks for family vacations in Texas.
COVID-19 UPDATE: This accommodation is open for business. Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 4/15/2020
Only one home on the property
Three bedrooms (2 with private doors to porch)
Two King beds
One Queen bed
One full size bed
4 recliners in living room
Ceiling fans in all rooms
2 bathrooms (walk in shower in one bathroom -- bathtub in other bathroom)
Central air & heat
Indoor gas fireplace
Full Kitchen -- pots, pans, cookie sheets, slow cooker, electric fry pan, electric griddle, cooking utensils, plates, glasses, etc.
No breakfast provided, but Keurig coffeemaker with assorted teas & coffees
Washer & dryer
Television w/ DVD player and Roku
Outdoor fire pit
Wrap around porch with rockers & porch swing with great views and wildlife
Board games inside; Corn hole game on back porch; telescope for star gazing or wildlife viewing
Back yard patio table and chairs under oak trees
2 car carport
2 RV Hookups (water; electricity 30 amp and 50 amp - No black water disposal)
Host sometimes stays on the adjacent property and will be available to you, if needed.
Rates and Details
Extra guest fee is $25, per day, after 2 guests
Maximum 8 guests
Cleaning fee is $80
RV hookups $50/day each
$250 security deposit
Towels & sheets provided
Hair dryers provided
No daily housekeeping
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Wilkommen! Fredericksburg celebrates its German heritage with authentic cuisine, craft beer, wine, and a picturesque and historic downtown peppered with fascinating local shops. Surrounded by state parks, natural areas, and sites of historical interest, this Hill Country town offers something for everyone!
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 110 miles
Medina River: 55 miles
Guadalupe River: 25 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 80 miles
Garner State Park: 105 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 65 miles
10 miles out of Fredericksburg
20 miles out of Kerrville (IHOP; Cracker Barrell; Starbucks; Fuddruckers; Chilis; Chick Fil A, etc)
Miles of awesome paved county roads from house driveway for walking, bicycling or motorcycles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera Texas