Lonesome Dove GuesthousePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- The Lonesome Dove Cabin was built in 1915 and was recently restored with modern comforts for our guests-but we left the hitching posts!
- Outdoor lighting gives Lonesome Dove a pretty look at night, and a friendly welcome home after a night on the town!
- The comfy queen-sized bed (along with the futon and full bath) comes fully dressed-up with warm and clean linens.
- The full vanity, complete with a miniature dresser, offers plenty of space for your toiletries and other necessary items.
- Visitors to Lonesome Dove love the sliding barn door entrance to the full bath!
- Even though you're conveniently located downtown, features like the corrugated ceiling in the cabin give it that rustic ranch feel.
- The cabin sleeps four, and there's plenty of counter space to feed your folks here.
- A spanking-new tiled shower stall is the highlight of the clean and tidy bathroom.
- Wonderful ranch-style decor with modern amenities! We're pretty sure the ranch hands of olden days didn't have a K-Cup coffee maker.
- The fridge has that vintage look, but don't worry, it's modern! You won't need a fresh block of ice delivered every morning.
- The cabin's cozy kitchen has all the appliances and cooking and serving ware for a dinner at "home," but keep in mind all of downtown Bandera is right outside your door!
- The welcoming western theme of the living area features a futon that also converts into a comfortable bed for two.
- The two smart TVs in the cabin don't have cable, so bring along your Roku or Firestick for more entertainment options.
- Authentic Texas ranch touches help the Lonesome Dove Cabin live up to its name!
- A ceiling fan reminiscent of a Texas prairie windmill keeps air moving in the cabin, it's a perfect companion for the central air and heat here!
- In the worlds of our guest Patricia, "This place has everything you need and has been decorated beautifully with a true western flair."
Immerse yourself in cowboy country in style at the Lonesome Dove Guest House! All the western charm of the Cowboy Capital of the World is at your doorstep in this attractive and unique guest house. This rustic and historic 1915 structure has been meticulously restored with a warm barn wood interior, and generously updated with modern amenities to enrich your stay! Only a short walk away (and we're talking a block and a half) lies a glittering stretch of the beautiful Medina River.
You can almost hear the jangling spurs and neighing of horses at the hitching posts outside! This is the perfect vacation rental in Bandera, with most of its popular attractions within walking distance. One of the most famous honky tonks in Texas-the 11th Street Cowboy Bar-is right across the street! Antiquing, cuisine, shopping, you name it; it's all here-and the natural beauty of the Medina River is yours to enjoy, too. You'll be in the heart of all the best Bandera has to offer.
A shaded porch is out front, complete with seating-and we weren't kidding about those vintage hitching posts; they're right out front, too. This is the perfect central location from which to watch the activity of the Cowboy Capital of the World-and a great place to join in on the shopping and night life. Take the short walk to the Bandera City Park on the Medina River and enjoy a peaceful stroll or try your hand at fishing, as well. All this is nestled in the gorgeous setting of the Texas Hill Country!
This cozy and romantic rental sleeps up to four, with a queen bed in the bedroom and a double-size futon sleeper in the living area. The full bath has a roomy shower, and all bed and bath linens are provided. If you'd like to stay in for an intimate meal, the kitchens fully equipped, including cooking and serving ware. Central air and heating keep the space comfortable, and there are two TVs on hand-there with very limited channels. No WIFI, but great cell service. The vintage Wild West touches blend perfectly with the modern comforts at Lonesome Dove!
This property is a unique mix of a Medina River vacation rental, coupled with easy and instant access to Bandera. Its location, decor, amenities, and budget-friendly pricing make it an increasingly popular getaway spot. Give us a call at Backroads Reservations today, and we'll set you up.
COVID-19 UPDATE: This accommodation is open for business. Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 4/15/2020
Bedroom with Queen bed
Bath with large walk in shower
Living and dining area
Double size futon sleeper in the living area
Fully equipped Kitchen
All pots, pans, dishes, glasses, cutlery, flatware and utensils provided
All bed and bath linens provided
Central Air and Heat
No WIFI, but great cell service
Two smart TVs (no cable, you must bring a Roku or Firestick)
K Cup coffee maker
Front porch with table and seating
Across from the 11th Street Cowboy Bar (may be a propensity for noise with live music)
Walking distance to all the shopping and restaurants
One and a half blocks from the Medina River and Bandera City Park
Rates and Details
Extra guest fee is $20, per day, after 2 guests
Maximum of 4 guests
Cleaning fee is $60
Pets Not Allowed
Smoking outside only
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 55 miles
Medina River: Walking distance
Guadalupe River: 25 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 40 miles
Garner State Park: 50 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas