Guadalupe River RetreatPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Catch-and-release fishing, swimming, tubing, kayaking-you name it! It's all yours with private access to the Guadalupe River.
- The open-floor plan lends an amazing sense of space to the living area, dining room and kitchen.
- "This is truly a gem in the hill country and well worth it. The views and property are stunning!" our guest Rina shared with us.
- This is the Retreat as seen from the banks of the Guadalupe. Now, reverse that, and imagine the river view you'll have from the top of the cliff!
- Those pretty views surround you and your family and friends in the dining room and adjacent breakfast nook.
- Our guest Branelle shared the view she had from the living area: "The home overlooks the river and with the array of windows, you almost feel as if you are part of the trees."
- This is a great spot to read or chat, but we'll warn you ahead of time: the view of the forest outside can be wonderfully distracting!
- 50 linear feet of floor-to-ceiling windows provide natural light, and views beyond compare!
- The Guadalupe River Retreat offers sleeping space for up to seven guests-and there's more than ample space for when they're awake, too!
- Your tech amenities here include smart TV with cable, Wifi Internet service, and central air and heat for year-round comfort.
- When you're cooking, you won't feel "stuck" in the kitchen, even from there, you'll be able to enjoy this incredible view!
- The full and functional kitchen has modern appliances, and all the cooking ware, utensils, glasses, and serving ware to make your meals the best they can be. There's also a charcoal grill out back!
- Got more than one cook in your crew? There's no worry about bumping elbows with all this kitchen space!
- The spacious master bedroom sleeps up to three, with a king-sized bed and an accompanying single day bed. All bed and bath linens are included here.
- The master bedroom has its own access to the Retreat's outdoor patio (there's also access from the living area).
- The Retreat has two-and-a-half baths, but there may be some friendly competition for access to the master bath's jacuzzi-style tub!
- The gigantic master bath is rounded out by a roomy and immaculately-clean walk-in shower!
- The master bath also includes a big vanity with plenty of counter space, a walk-in closet, and all bathrooms and bedrooms include plenty of soft and fluffy linens.
- The tree-shaded patio is located up high, for stunning views! Kids and pets are protected on the patio by sturdy fencing. Please note that the path down to the river from here can be steep and occasionally slippery.
- A perch, and a view, beyond compare! As our recent guest Rodrigo told us, "We loved the terrace/balcony outside the living room and main bedroom. It is furnished with several zero gravity chairs were we spent perhaps the majority of the time enjoying
- A big queen-sized bed in the second bedroom is a comfy spot for peaceful slumber. As with all the beds in the Retreat, it's draped in clean, complimentary linens.
- Rounding out the comfortable sleeping accommodations are two twin beds in the third bedroom.
- All told, three bedrooms and five beds provide sweet slumber space for up to seven guests.
- A second full bath, with a shower and tub combo, is located in the hallway convenient to the second and third bedrooms.
- As with all the bedrooms and bathrooms in the Retreat, there are plenty of clean linens to go around.
- The side patio has a porch swing that provides a more intimate relaxation space.
- River livin' for the whole family! Contact us soon for more information on this Hill Country hideaway.
- Please contact us for more information about the private access road that leads from the Retreat to the Guadalupe.
- Check out this wide-open space! The kids and pets will love having the room to let off steam, and it's fantastic for stargazing at night, too.
- Swing in the shade with that special someone! It's a great place to sip a glass of Texas wine alongside the peaceful river.
- Our recent guest Brandon loved the access to the Guadalupe: "The section of the river in front of the property is excellent with plenty of skipping rocks, and places to just sit in the water and unwind (or tube if you want)."
Imagine a private riverside resort, a kid-friendly and pet-friendly hideaway loaded with luxurious amenities, and tons of fun and relaxing things to do. All this and more awaits you at the Guadalupe River Retreat, one of the best Hill Country vacation destinations, tucked away in the gorgeous mountainous terrain just outside Boerne! It's perfect for nature lovers and travelers alike with its rural setting, but with the charming city of Boerne close by.
Fishing, swimming, and canoeing are all instantly available to you, thanks to a private Guadalupe River frontage, and you're set for tubing, too (contact Bergheim Campground and River Outfitters in Boerne for more info on floats). The property is at the end of the road, with no neighbors near this private Hill Country getaway, just wide-open countryside! If the shopping or night life bugs should bite, Bandera and Boerne are just a short drive away.
A shaded porch offers great views of the river and the terrain beyond, and the property is populated with both deer and birds; the latter love to visit the numerous feeders here. Along with patio furniture and a fire pit, there are two porch swings-one on the deck, the other on the river's bank. Ample parking is available for your vehicles.
The "wow factor" inside starts with over 50 linear feet of windows encircling the living area, inviting the beauty of the outdoors, indoors. There's ample seating in the living, seating and dining areas. The huge kitchen features modern appliances, cookware and serving ware, and there's also a washer/dryer combo. Three comfy bedrooms sleep up to seven: a king and a single day bed in the master; a queen in the second bedroom; and two singles in the third. All bed and bath linens are provided, with two full baths: the master features a jacuzzi and shower, the second has a shower/tub combo. There is also an additional half-bath. Central A/C and heat keep the house comfortable, and there's a satellite smart TV and DVD player for you to enjoy.
The views, the perks, the awesome waterfront location alongside a popular river-these factors, and so many more, make the Guadalupe River Retreat an incredible private Hill Country hideaway! Touch base with us at Backroads Reservations, and we'll happily help you book this Lone Star gem.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Master with a King bed and single day bed
Private patio off the master with seating a fire pit
Master bath jacuzzi and large walk-in shower
Second bedroom with a queen
Second bedroom with two singles
Shared hallway bathroom with a tub/shower combo
Open kitchen, dining and living room area
Large glass windows and additional seating
Central air and heat
Smart TV with cable
Private Guadalupe River waterfront
Fully equipped kitchen with Keurig coffee maker, range top, oven, refrigerator, dish washer, microwave and toaster
Kitchen equipped with dishes, glasses, cutlery, utensils, pots and pans
Washer and dryer
Outdoor swing overlooking the river
Outdoor picnic table and swing at the river
Linens and towels provided
Rates and other Details
Each addition guest costs $25 each, per day,after 4 guests
Well behaved pets welcome at $25 per day per pet. Max 2 and they must be approved.
Cleaning fee is $200
Smoking outside only
Gas fireplace is not for use
1 Mule-type UTV allowed. Road to water is newly paved, but steep. Check with us prior to booking
Ground floor with master bed and bath is accessible by wheelchair and one entry door has a ramp. There are 4 stairs leading to the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom
Quiet hours after 10PM
Catch and release fishing
Tubing, canoeing - drop off and float right to the home
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This property requires a release of liability form to be signed before check-in
This house has a non-standard cancellation policy
Boerne has it all for Hill Country visitors! From cavern tours to relaxing natural parks to hot rod shows to Oktoberfest, there's something for every visitor here. Shoppers will want to check out the Hill Country Mile for an eclectic selection of shops to browse, amid downtown's historical art and architecture.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 80 miles
Medina River: 25 miles
Guadalupe River: immediate access
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 65 miles
Garner State Park: 75 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 35 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas