Casa del Rio River HousePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- A half-mile frontage of the fabulous Medina River will be all yours when you visit the Casa del Rio!
- Bringing a larger group of family and friends? Keep them all together in one luxurious and fun-filled space!
- Here's another roomy and plush queen-sized bed in one of Casa del Rio's four bedrooms.
- There are plenty of winding roads nearby for a scenic tour of the big and beautiful Texas Hill Country.
- Butterflies and hummingbirds stop by here often, they love the natural riverside setting, and you will, too!
- Plenty of outdoor furniture and bench seating is available on the big deck, where you'll enjoy astounding mountain views!
- Casa del Rio provides plenty of space for everyone, and it's a kid-friendly and pet-friendly rental, too-bring everyone along!
- The master bedroom includes not only a great big king-sized bed, but a couch and intimate dining area, as well. It also has its own bathroom!
- The third bedroom features a double bed and two twins. All bed and bath linens for your entire group are included during your stay.
- Two twins and a full-sized bed in the fourth bedroom round out the accommodations in the four bedrooms. All told, Casa del Rio sleeps up to a dozen guests!
- A rustic log frame supports the queen-sized bed in this bedroom, a comfy and historic place to rest your head!
- This full bath (one of three) features a shower stall and a warm color scheme. Bed and bath linens are provided for everyone!
- There's a shower and tub combo in the second bathroom, offering an option for those who'd like a good, relaxing soak.
- "We loved this house! There was tons of space to spread out in. It was clean and comfortable with fun decor," our guest Mary shared with us about her visit.
- For casual and formal meal experiences, there's a dining area dedicated to your sit-down feasts.
- Modern appliances in a spotlessly-clean space make the kitchen both beautiful and functional.
- The second living area opens out onto the spacious deck, and the big windows and doors invite in plenty of natural light and inspiring views!!
- Wifi service and a smart TV with Roku, Sling and Netflix will help those who need their tech fix-just leave plenty of time for the outdoors!
- Wildlife populates the grounds, and billions of stars fill the skies. Casa del Rio's deck is the perfect place to appreciate both!
- Kick up your feet in relaxing country comfort on the shaded front porch!
- Seeking some private time? Pick a shady spot on the banks of the Medina and unwind!
- Sneak away with that special someone for a romantic moment on the swing!
- Tube, kayak, and swim to your heart's content in the refreshing waters of the Medina!
- With gas and charcoal grills on the property, it's super-easy to put together a riverside picnic!
- Your adventure on the Medina River begins by descending this scenic staircase.
- Even as you drive up, you'll see the attention to detail on the grounds that you'll see reflected inside, too.
- Our guest Gwyn told us, "There was great bird and wildlife watching without ever leaving the back patio. We were so relaxed that we didn't want to leave. We will definitely be back."
- What a colorful, comfortable, and relaxing space-with plenty of natural light!
- If you've got a couple who'd like to come along, but would like a more private setting, ask us about renting the Casita on the grounds.
- A queen-sized sleigh-style bed is the centerpiece of comfort in the cozy Casita.
Planning a family gathering, or an outing for a good-sized group of people? Seeking a spot where your crew can enjoy the attractions of the Cowboy Capital of the World, and the fun and adventure of the Medina River? Stay right on the banks of the river at the Casa del Rio River House! With Bandera just a short journey down the road from this unique guest house, all the city, country, and river excitement of the Texas Hill Country will be yours at this beautiful and luxurious riverfront rental.
This kid-friendly and pet-friendly rental offers great amenities and natural beauty for your group of up to 12 people. Also, if a couple in your group would like a separate and more private hideaway, the 1930s-era Casita on the grounds is available for them; please let us know if you would like to take advantage of this intimate cottage option. Please know this property does include several stairs from the decks to the meadow and walking paths below, and may not be safety-appropriate for kids under five or those who require wheelchair access.
Three shaded decks offer multiple places from which you can view the meadow, riverside, and Hill Country beyond, and wildflowers and butterflies add seasonal splashes of brilliant color. The decks are adorned by plenty of outside furniture, and there's even a romantic swing down by the river! Swim and tube on the Medina from your own private access, and kick back and enjoy a hearty outdoor meal afterward with the gas and charcoal grills provided. The grounds here are tobacco-free, inside and out.
The four bedrooms and multiple beds and futons in this vibrantly colorful hacienda-style guest house comfortably sleep up to a dozen people-and if you book the Casita as well, up to 14. Three full bathrooms include shower stalls, and all the soft and comfy bed and bath linens you'll need are provided. Ample seating is available in the two roomy living areas and dining section, and the kitchen is fully equipped with a fridge, stove, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Smart TV, Wifi, great cell service, and climate-controlling central air and heating fill out the list of the tech and entertainment amenities here.
The unique accommodations and comforts of the Casa del Rio River House will play memorable roles in your Hill Country holiday! Call or message to Backroads Reservations to book this amazing property!
COVID-19 UPDATE: This accommodation is open for business. Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 4/15/2020
Bedroom 1 - king bed
Bedroom 2 - queen bed
Bedroom 3 - queen bed
Bedroom 4 - double / twin beds
Double bed-sized futon in living area
Two living areas
Casita is not included in the rental. Extra fee will apply
1/2 mile of Medina riverfront for tubing & swimming
Large deck overlooking meadow and Medina River
Front deck with outdoor dining table
Smart TV with Roku, Sling, Netflix.
Outdoor grills (gas and charcoal)
Large meadow with seasonal wildflowers
Blooming native plant garden with butterflies and hummingbirds
Original 1930 cottage on the grounds
Separate sitting area
$90/night double occupancy (only available with rental of Main House and requires two-night booking)
Weekly rate $450
Maximum two guests
Rates and details
The minimum age to rent the house is 25 years old
12 total guests allowed in the main house
Additional guest is $20 per night,after 6 guests
$1,500 weekly for up to six guests (six nights)
$150 cleaning fee
$300 Security Deposit
3-night minimum June 1 - August 31
2-night minimum September 1 - May 31
Pet details $20/day/dog fee
Dogs must be on flea preventive
Dogs must be crated in owner's absence
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This property requires a release of liability
This house has a non-standard cancellation policy
Two night minimum September 1 - May 31
Three night minimum June 1 - August 31
Three night minimum for holiday weekends (Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving)
Children must be at least 5 years old
Check in time 3 PM
Check out time 11:00 AM
Parking on driveway area only
No smoking permitted on property - inside or out
No fireworks, discharging of firearms or ATVs
Fires in designated areas only
Other Important Information
House is situated on a bluff with multiple levels inside house
Bluff steps leading down to meadow and river are uneven and do not have consistent handrails.
Guests must be able to navigate stairs. May not be suitable for small children or individuals with mobility issues
Welcome to the Cowboy Capital of the World! With museums, rodeos, horseback riding, motorcycle rallies, and boot-scootin' live music venues, Bandera's got it all for fans of the Hill Country and the Wild West! Celebrate this uniquely American heritage, and take some time for a trip down the scenic Medina River.
Distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 60 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 30 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 40 miles
Garner State Park: 50 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 15 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas