Tabasco Ranch Pony CabinPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Greet a brand new day in the shaded comfort of the cozy front porch!
- Our recent guest Dolores told us about her stay at this peaceful Hill Country getaway: "It's a good place to go when you want to get away from the city life, it's so peaceful at night and it's such a memorable place."
- Welcome to the Pony Cabin, your peaceful and private getaway surrounded by serene natural beauty.
- If you need sleeping space for a third guest, there is a large sofa in the living area. It's not a sleeper sofa, but it's plenty big and comfortable!
- Cable and satellite TV, a DVD player, and shared Wifi on the ranch highlight your tech amenities here.
- You'll find TV setups in both the living area and bedroom! Your comfort's also assured here with efficient AC units.
- The handsomely-detailed Pony Cabin kitchen includes plenty of counter space and a food prep island.
- Appliances, utensils, and coffee fixin's are all included in the tidy country kitchen.
- Interior woodwork gives the Pony Cabin a warm and golden glow, it's a fantastic intimate setting for a romantic escape!
- The roomy and soft queen bed provides comfy slumber for two, and is draped in clean linens, too.
- A stylish, tiled shower stall makes cleanup a pleasure!
- The spotlessly-clean full bath here includes complimentary and clean linens, too.
- Towering oaks shade the cabin's patio. It's a wonderful place to sip your morning coffee!.
- The cozy deck is shaded most of the day, and offers a peaceful spot for wildlife-watching and stargazing!
- "Watching the sunset from the Pony Cabin's porch will take your breath away!! Truly breathtaking!" That's one of the memories our guest Luis shared with us about his recent visit here.
- Sparkling outdoor lighting beautifully frames your view of the ranch, and the Hill Country beyond.
- The Tabasco Ranch stone gate is your signal that an amazing Texas Hill Country adventure is about to begin.
- Scenic settings throughout the ranch create many fascinating backdrops for memorable vacation photos.
- Tabasco Ranch is close to quaint Hill Country towns and many of ifs famous wineries. Make it a point to explore!
- Many of our guests have told us they look forward to coming back, like our recent guest Anna: "This will be my new go-to place anytime I need a local break!"
- Please do not bathe in this tub. This tub out in the open, full of spiky plants. Just don't do it.
- If you'd like to bring horses along, Tabasco Ranch has stable space for them! Check with us for details.
- We love to surprise visitors who think Texas is "boring" with wonderful views like these!
- Tabasco Ranch has several horses on-site, and you can also bring your own! Check with us for details if that interests you.
- "Comfy and cozy, we enjoyed our stay! Best parts were being able to see the beautiful horses so up close," was how our guest Sandra summed up her recent visit.
- Buttercup and Jelly Bean are rescued miniature horses who have found a comfortable forever home on Tabasco Ranch.
- As the "mascots" of the ranch, Buttercup and Jelly Bean love to have their pictures taken!
- All guests at Tabasco Ranch are invited to enjoy the shared pavilion on the property. It's a wonderful spot for cookouts and socializing!
- Striped shade makes fascinating patterns on the pavilion's deck-and keeps it nice and cool, too.
- Gas grills on the property help our grill master guests show off, and the pavilion has a huge kitchen for meal preparation, too! As this is a shared space, we ask our visitors to pitch in with keeping it nice and clean.
- The pavilion features plenty of utensils, cookware, serving ware, and food prep space for a hearty feast!
Plan your Texas Hill Country romantic getaway at the Pony Cabin at Tabasco Ranch! Your private vacation will be set in a peaceful rural location, leaving all the hurry and noise of the everyday world far away. Even with its remote setting, the Pony Cabin is still convenient to small towns and attractions in the heart of the Hill Country, so you can enjoy the best of both country and city living, all from the same cozy and inviting location. It's one of the top Texas cabin rentals around!
The Hill Country is best enjoyed in a peaceful setting-and the Pony Cabin provides all the peace and quiet you'd expect from a romantic Texas getaway for couples. It gets its name from the equine theme in its welcoming and warm interior, and indoors and out, it's appointed with your comfort and solitude in mind. Just a short drive away are small towns like Comfort, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, and Boerne, featuring shopping, antiquing, cuisine, wineries, and more!
This cabin rental includes an open-air front porch and shaded back deck, both tricked out with patio furniture. There's a gas grill for those quiet and intimate dinners, and the nearby shared pavilion has a fire pit, fridge, charcoal BBQ and oven. The cabin is a perfect setting for stargazing, too; clear nights will give you wide-open access to the crystal-clear Texas skies. Outdoor smoking is allowed, but please use the provided receptacles.
The Pony Cabin is one of our top Texas cabin rentals, with a soft queen-sized bed, and a roomy couch for a third person, as well. There's a spacious living space, and a fully-equipped kitchen, along with a bar area. Coffees, teas and condiments are also included! The cabin includes a full bathroom with shower, and all bath and bed linens are provided. Tech amenities include cable and satellite TV with a DVD player, Wifi, and excellent cell service. Finally, your comfort is assured with two box air conditioners. Come see what makes this one of the best Hill Country cabins for your romantic Texas vacation!
For equestrian enthusiasts, horse boarding is available on this property, too. For a reasonable fee, we'll include a 12 x 12 stable with an indoor/outdoor run and fresh water. Please let us know when you book if you'd like this service.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
Note: due to horses and wildlife, pets are not allowed at this property under any circumstances. Host reserves the right to terminate the reservation without a refund if a guest brings a pet
Television in bedroom
Couch is large enough for one person to sleep on, but it doesn't pull out
Full bath with shower is in the cabin (outhouse shown in pictures is at the shared Pond cabin)
Mini split and box AC
Living room with ample seating
Full kitchen with refrigerator, oven, stove and microwave, toaster oven
Bar and bar stools
Pots, pans, utensils, dishes and silverware
Tea pot, Krups and regular coffee pot
Bottled water provided
Coffee, teas, condiments, and other basics for the guest's use
Cable and satellite TV
Great cell service
Shared community WIFI (signal strength may vary, not strong enough to watch movies)
Bed linens, towels and utensils provided
Front porch with seating
Back deck with seating under large oaks
Gas BBQ grill
Propane fire pit
Rates and Details
Occupancy up to 3 people
No pets allowed
Cleaning fee is $50
Early check-in available for a fee. Please message us for details
Late arrivals after 10:00 PM must message us
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
There is a shared Pond Cabin and Pavilion with indoor refrigerator, oven, BBQ pits, ample seating and fire pit available for use (see pictures in listing)
Smoking is allowed outside, and butts must be extinguished in the provided ashtrays or sand buckets. The host will charge $100 if guests smoke in the home.
Overnight horse boarding for $25/day which includes 12x12 stable with an in/out run and access to water. Health papers are required. Contact us for more details. Fee billed separately, please let us know at the time of reservation
Tabasco Ranch has 4 additional accommodations! Please check our other listings for other cabins and availability.
We're centrally located!
5 minutes to downtown Comfort
20 minutes from Fredericksburg
15 minutes from Kerrville
20 minutes to Boerne
35 minutes to 1604 in San Antonio
Famous for its antique shops, wineries, bat-watching, and Hill Country vistas, Comfort combines a welcoming rural setting alongside all the modern conveniences to its guests. Most of the town has been designated a National Historic District for the preservation of its 19th and early 20th century architecture.
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 85 miles
Medina River: 35 miles
Guadalupe River: 20 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 60 miles
Garner State Park: 80 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 45 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas