Lightning Bug Springs - Rio VistaPICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- A cozy front porch, an enormous deck out back, and a charcoal grill are just some of the outdoor amenities you'll enjoy at Rio Vista!
- There's nothing more relaxing at the end of the day than marveling at a colorful Hill Country sunset, and then relaxing around the crackling fire pit.
- The living area is an amazing hang-out spot, there's a fireplace, smart TV with satellite service, Wifi, and plenty of space and plush furniture.
- The shaded picnic area at the pavilion is there for all our guests to use, along with a big kitchen and charcoal smokers to create a fabulous feed!
- The old-fashioned tire swing out back provides simple country fun-and it's lit for day and night use!
- Cool off on those hot Texas days in the swimming hole out back, created especially for the enjoyment of our guests!
- Make a splash-and take the edge off those hot Texas summers-with a cool swim in the crystal-clear pool.
- Trees sprout right up through the roomy deck to provide cooling shade as you enjoy the view!
- Homey decor and furnishings give Rio Vista a friendly and welcoming personality-it's a great place to relax!
- Appliances, cookware, serving ware, utensils, and glasses are all included in the spacious and modern kitchen at Rio Vista.
- The first bedroom is warmly decorated, and features a big, soft king-sized bed. Fresh bed and bath linens can be provided for a reasonable fee.
- The third bedroom at Rio Vista is tastefully appointed with plenty of storage space, and features a comfy double bed.
- Sharp and modern decor distinguishes the master bath, which includes a roomy tub and separate shower.
- With three bedrooms and six beds, there's restful sleeping space at Rio Vista for up to eight guests.
- Two sets of twin bunk beds can be found in the second bedroom, offering comfortable sleeping accommodations for up to four.
- A second bathroom is not only sparkling clean, but also features a tub and shower combo.
- Beyond Lightning Bug Springs' 15 acres, you'll find Concan and the Frio River just down the road. The popular Garner State Park is also just 15 miles away!
Treat your folks to a Hill Country vacation that has everything! Rio Vista at the Lightning Bug Springs Retreat has facilities for soccer, horseshoes, and tether ball, and features a refreshing swimming pool, too! Looking for a more relaxing pace? The serene country setting offers plenty of space to decompress. Is location important to you? It's just down the road from Concan and other Hill Country towns, and Garner State Park is close by, too.
Rio Vista is a charming guest home that has it all!
Once known as Rockin' River Ranch in Concan, the Retreat has retaken its original name, with an emphasis on fun and relaxation for the whole family. The main focus on the 15-acre Retreat is the shared pavilion, which features a large shaded picnic area, huge kitchen, charcoal smokers, and a fire pit. There's also a unique swimming hole created just for our guests! Rio Vista sleeps up to eight guests. If you would like to bring a larger group, let us know! There are other cabin rentals available here.
The tree-shaded deck behind Rio Vista is adorned with plenty of outdoor furniture; it offers beautiful Hill Country views and a fantastic perch for wildlife watching. Out front is a cozy shaded porch; both locations provide privates place to plan your day or just stretch out and relax. Rio Vista has a full kitchen inside, and its own dedicated grill outside; with the cooking facilities at the pavilion, your grilling and dining options are practically endless! Smokers are welcome, just so long as they keep it outdoors.
The charming interior is kept just right with a fireplace, central air and heat, and ceiling fans. The smart TV in the living space is cable-equipped, and there's Wifi service throughout the guest home, too. You'll find two full baths, one with a shower-tub combo, and the other with a shower and separate luxurious garden-style tub. The three bedrooms feature six beds: one king, two twin-sized bunks, and a double, providing restful sleep for up to eight guests. Clean bed and bath linens can be provided, too. For further convenience during your visit, there's a laundry room with a washer/dryer combo at Rio Vista.
Backroads Reservations is proud to offer this wonderful Hill Country hideaway to our guests. Book Rio Vista with us today, and discover how memorable and fun an escape to this scenic region can be!
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
*The entire Lightning Bug Springs Retreat sleeps up to 48 guests in multiple cabins. For larger groups, inquire about availability**
Bedroom with a King bed
2nd bedroom with two twin bunk beds
3rd bedroom with double bed
Master bath with a large tub and separate shower
Second bath with a tub shower combo
Large kitchen, dining and living room area
Fully equipped kitchen with regular coffee maker, range top, oven, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher
Kitchen equipped with dishes, glasses, cutlery, utensils, pots and pans
Large dining table
Living area with two couches and two chairs
Central air and heat
Smart TV with satellite
Washer & dryer
Amenities (some may be shared)
15 acres to hike/explore
Waterfront property with large swimming hole
Swimming pool (seasonal)
Large fire pit
Volleyball net, horse shoes, soccer goals
Outdoor pavilion with kitchen and charcoal BBQ pit smoker
Large deck with ample seating
Swimming & catch & release fishing
Rates & Details
The minimum age to rent the house is 25 years old
The house sleeps 8 guests
Nightly rate is based on 2 guests
Each addition guest is $25 each, per night
Well behaved pets $50/day (limit 2, must be approved)
Pets must be leashed at all times when outside, kenneled when alone inside
Cleaning fee is $150
Security deposit $250
Events must be pre-approved. Fees apply
Smoking outside only
Non-standard cancellation policy. No refunds given within 30 days of check in
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This property requires a release of liability form to be signed
The Frio River carves its way through this pretty little town, which makes it a perfect setting for
horseback riding, hiking, bat-watching and wildlife spotting. Ride a tube or a kayak down the river, visit Mount
Old Baldy in nearby Garner State Park, and grab a bite and brew in one of Concan's restaurants and night spots.
Approximate distance to the following sites
Frio River: 5 miles
Medina River: 60 miles
Guadalupe River: 90 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 40 miles
Garner State Park: 15 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 55 miles