Lightning Bug Springs - LodgePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Welcome to the Lightning Bug Springs Lodge! This sweet Hill Country haven serves as a quiet country escape for up to six guests.
- The peaceful shaded deck comes with outdoor lighting and a porch swing, and stretches the entire length of the Lodge. It's a fantastic spot to take in the beauty of the Hill Country!
- Enjoy snacks and friendly conversation around the fire pit! This location is also incredible for wildlife watching and stargazing.
- Kick your legs up for some old-fashioned fun on the tire swing...it's even lit up so you can enjoy it at night!
- This scenic stretch of the Dry Frio has been dammed to create a swimming hole just for our guests-and check out those amazing mountain views!
- Culinary masters will love the roomy country kitchen, decked out with all the appliances, cookware, serving ware, glasses and utensils you'll need!
- High ceilings, golden woodwork, and tasteful furnishings create a restful living space for everyone.
- A vintage fireplace and rustic western decor add warmth to the Lodge, in every sense of the word.
- The dining room, fully-stocked kitchen, and living area all come together in the Lodge's open floor plan, so no one misses out on the fun and conversation no matter where they are!
- Central air and heat, ceiling fans, Wifi, and satellite TV service combine to create a comfortable and fun interior space.
- Rock away a peaceful moment on the cool and comfy deck. The views here of the swimming hole, and the majestic mountains of the Hill Country, are beyond compare!
- Outdoor lighting on the deck means you can have an intimate snuggle on the porch swing anytime you like-lights on or off, your choice!
- The great big four-poster king bed in the master bedroom gives a whole new meaning to country comfort! Let us know if you'd like clean bed and bath linens included with your stay.
- The master bath is roomy and neat as a pin, with a tub and shower combo for easy cleanup.
- Rest and recharge in the second bedroom, stylishly paneled and decorated, with a plush and comfy double bed.
- As with the rest of the Lodge, the bedrooms come with ceiling fans and central AC and heat, so everything is just to your liking!
- This plush double bed graces the third of three bedrooms in the Lodge. All told, there are pampering sleep accommodations for up to six of your folks.
- We'll be more than happy to provide fresh and clean bed and bath linens when you visit, just let us know when you book.
- With two bathrooms for six guests, there'll be no standing in line! Both baths include a spotlessly-clean tub and shower combo.
- Lightning Bug Springs' 15 acres include facilities for soccer, horseshoes, tether ball, and hiking!
- Texas summers don't stand a chance against the cool and crystal-clear waters of the shared swimming pool here!
- Meet your neighbors at the shared pavilion! It's equipped with a huge kitchen, two charcoal smokers, and plenty of picnic space. The Lodge has its own dedicated grill, too!
- The depth of the swimming hole may vary with rainfall and the seasons, but it's always a cool option to enjoy.
- Your vacation home at the Lodge is close to the fun of the Frio River and shops in Concan, and Garner State Park is only 15 minutes away!
A great family vacation should have it all: comfortable spaces for relaxation, great location, beautiful views, and pampering amenities, all for a budget-friendly price. Sound like a tall order? The Lodge at the Lightning Bug Springs Retreat brings all these together, and more! The 15-acre Retreat is just outside of Concan in the Texas Hill Country, close to other towns and Garner State Park. It's a peaceful vacation rental with a pool, shared pavilion/picnic area, and sports facility all its own!
The Lodge shares some facilities with other cabins on the Retreat, which collectively was formerly known as the Rockin' River Ranch in Concan. You'll enjoy access to the pavilion, which features a large kitchen, twin charcoal smokers, and shaded picnic area. Beyond the pavilion, you'll find a crystal-clear swimming pool, soccer field, horseshoe pits, tether ball court, a fire pit, and even a special swimmin' hole created in the Dry Frio just for guests at the Retreat. Tubing on the Frio River in Concan, and Garner State Park, are both just short drives away!
The Lodge features a beautiful shaded back deck, complete with rocking chairs, a porch swing, and outdoor lighting. The deck faces the swimming hole, and presents stunning views of the Hill Country beyond. It's a wonderful spot for wildlife watching and peaceful, private relaxation! You'll also have your own private grill; with that, a full kitchen inside, and the huge kitchen and smokers in the pavilion, the Retreat is a paradise for cooks and grill masters! Smoking's allowed here, but outside only.
The climate-controlled interior of the Lodge is appointed with woodwork and furnishings that create a warm and rustic personality. Cable TV, Wifi, and a delightful fireplace grace the living area, and the full kitchen is decked out with appliances, plentiful counter space, and all the cooking and serving ware you'll need. The three bedrooms feature a king bed and two doubles, and provide lush sleeping accommodations for up to six guests. Two full bathrooms each have a tub and shower combo, and clean bed and bath linens can be provided too.
Treat your family to a special, memorable, and fun Hill Country getaway in the Lodge at the Lightning Bug Springs Retreat! Contact us for booking information at Backroads Reservations today-and ask us about additional rental opportunities here for even larger groups!
COVID-19 UPDATE: Since 4/15/2020, Backroads Reservations has had zero incidents of COVID exposure in any of our 100+ rentals. This accommodation is open for business and Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 8/16/2021
*The entire Lightning Bug Springs Retreat sleeps up to 48 guests in multiple cabins. For larger groups, inquire about availability**
Bedroom with a King bed
2nd bedroom with double bed
3rd bedroom with double bed
Master bath with a tub shower combo
Second bath with a tub shower combo
Open kitchen, dining and living room area
Fully equipped kitchen with regular coffee maker, range top, oven, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher
Kitchen equipped with dishes, glasses, cutlery, utensils, pots and pans
Large dining table
Living area with two couches and two chairs
Central air and heat
Smart TV with satellite
Washer & dryer
Amenities (some may be shared)
15 acres to hike/explore
Waterfront property with large swimming hole
Swimming pool (seasonal)
Large fire pit
Volleyball net, horse shoes, soccer goals
Outdoor pavilion with kitchen and charcoal BBQ pit smoker
Covered patio with seating
Swimming & catch & release fishing
Rates & Details
The minimum age to rent the house is 25 years old
The house sleeps 6 guests
Nightly rate is based on 4 guests
Each addition guest is $ 25 each, per night
Well behaved pets $50/day (limit 2, must be approved)
Pets must be leashed at all times when outside, kenneled when alone inside
Cleaning fee is $ 175
Security deposit $250
Events must be pre-approved. Fees apply
Smoking outside only
Non-standard cancellation policy. No refunds given within 30 days of check in
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This property requires a release of liability form to be signed
The Frio River carves its way through this pretty little town, which makes it a perfect setting for
horseback riding, hiking, bat-watching and wildlife spotting. Ride a tube or a kayak down the river, visit Mount
Old Baldy in nearby Garner State Park, and grab a bite and brew in one of Concan's restaurants and night spots.
Approximate distance to the following sites
Frio River: 5 miles
Medina River: 60 miles
Guadalupe River: 90 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 40 miles
Garner State Park: 15 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 55 miles