Lazy U Lodge on the GuadalupePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Test your catch-and-release fishing skills in the Guadalupe! Keep in mind the Ranch is also used as a recuperative and restful retreat for US military members, who may be sharing the waterfront and grounds with you.
- An enormous dock, and even a rope swing, are on hand for your hassle-free enjoyment of Lake Placid!
- Simplicity, comfort, and peace are the guiding principles here, and all are invited to relax and recharge.
- "We really enjoyed using the kayaks, paddle boards, and canoes. We even fished a little bit and generally just enjoyed relaxing around the beautiful landscaped area by the water," our guest David shared with us his experience at this lakeside gem.
- The tree-filled and well-tended grounds are gorgeous during the day, and the skies at night are a wonder for stargazers, too!
- Stroll on down to the Ranch's pavilion, a shady spot for fun and fellowship!
- You won't find phones or computers here, and that's by design. The Lodge is a place to connect and enjoy the company of your fellow human beings without distraction.
- No pesticides or non-organic fertilizers are ever used here, so the plant life at Lazy U Ranch flourishes just the way nature intended.
- Welcome to Lazy U Ranch Lodge! The entire property is devoted to peace, relaxation and fellowship-and we'd love to welcome you here!
- Equipped with modern appliances, a butcher block, and industrial sink, the commercial-grade kitchen is a fantastic place for culinary artists to strut their stuff!
- Tons of cookware, serving ware, utensils, and glasses are stocked in the kitchen for worry-free meal preparation.
- Warm woodwork accents the dining area, a space that's also great for playing games and socializing.
- Huge windows on the elevated observation deck provide incredible views of the Guadalupe River, while you remain in climate-controlled comfort.
- Central AC and heating, in tandem with vintage rocking chairs, make this the perfect spot to enjoy the view and decompress.
- The first bedroom is tastefully appointed with an incredibly comfortable king-sized bed. Clean and soft bed linens are provided all through the house.
- No cheap modular furniture or dime store paneling here! The Lodge has been meticulously appointed to create a serene and relaxing atmosphere.
- Beyond the central air conditioning and heating, ceiling fans are also distributed throughout the Lodge to guarantee comfort customized to your needs.
- The master bathroom is neat as a pin, with a tub and shower combo. All bathroom linens are provided during your visit, too.
- Homey touches and decor highlight the second bedroom, which is outfitted with a full-sized bed decked out with clean and comfortable linens.
- The windows in the second bedroom provide ample natural light, offering a peaceful and gradual wake-up call each morning!
- If the only Murphy beds you've seen were in the movies, you're in for a treat here! The third bedroom has two full-sized Murphy beds that fold neatly into the wall when not in use.
- The Lodge includes a foyer and reading library that pays tribute to the US military and Texas' rich history.
- Rich paneling frames the second full bath, which features a shower stall and clean and fresh linens.
- A roomy serving area, and LOTS of history, adorn the inside of the pavilion!
- Colorful canoes and life jackets are available upon request, for an adventurous float down the Guadalupe.
- No matter how hungry your crew is, there's plenty of space to keep them happy and full on the BBQ pit.
- The pavilion also has a big smoker. It's a great place for the BBQ champions in your group to kick it up a notch!
25% discount to active duty/veteran proof of military ID or DD 214 (applied after booking)
No guests under 21 years old allowed and the booking guest must be 35 years old**
The Lazy U Ranch Lodge is a beautiful lake view vacation rental in the Texas Hill Country, dedicated to simplicity and reflection on the values of a bygone age in the American west. The ranch's primary function is as a "FREE of CHARGE" respite location for our country's active-duty soldiers serving in our nation's longest war. Unique to 20 acres of the ranch where the lodge is located is the area known as the SS American Memorial grounds managed by the SS American Memorial Foundation - ssamemorial .org. Located on two acres designated as the memorial grounds is home to the nation's only private "living" war memorial building. The structure was built for the wounded warriors dedicated on July 3rd, 2014 providing them a private enclosed respite room as they healed from their injuries. This unique building along with the lodge and 500' of Guadalupe River frontage offer a covered pavilion, a separate covered BBQ cooking facility, a large concrete boat dock, a swimming hole with rope swing, kayaks, canoes, and paddles boards.
The lodge known as the "Armed Forces Chaplaincy Respite Lodge" has provided military chaplains and their families a place to wind down during our nations longest war. Due to COVID the foundation has suffered reduced donations and for the first time now offers the lodge for rent to the public in this historic building dating back to 1939.
The Lazy U Ranch is owned by a fifth-generation Texas family, with an emphasis on the respect and preservation of its natural beauty-it's one of the prettiest vacation ranch rentals around! A registered herd of Texas Longhorns roam the ranch with abundant wildlife being managed as a dedicated wildlife management area for over 30 years. The Lodge's 30-foot enclosed and windowed porch, on a second-story elevation, makes it a perfect observation post for wildlife-watching.
The Lodge's deck overlooks private riverfrontage known as Lake Placid. The river is perfect for a cool swim, or just relaxing and reflecting in this little slice of God's country. It's an amazing Hill Country setting for fun weekend getaways for couples! We do ask our guests to be aware that there are often veteran-oriented activities that take place on the ranch, and during these events you may be sharing the waterfront, and the surrounding grounds, with them.
Step into the Lodge, and you'll see one of the many features that make this place truly special, and the best lodge in Seguin. The foyer here serves as a museum of both Texan and American military history, highlighted by mementos and photographs from the family's history that encompasses every American conflict since the Civil War. The Lodge also includes an expansive reading library. The fact that reading is emphasized at the ranch leads us to a concept that's influential here: simplicity!
That means what you won't find here are computers, phones, or other distracting trappings that draw attention away from the people around you. Fellowship and conversation are key here, and the spacious Stockyard Room provides ample space for that, in an intimate yet roomy bar room setting complete with an antique wood stove. This room also features two authentic vintage Murphy beds (the type that swing down from the wall). Knotty pine wood walls and oak and red pine flooring give this ranch house that special and inviting Texas style.
The Lodge features three bedrooms and two full bathrooms, which, along with the Murphy beds, supply comfortable sleeping accommodations for up to eight people. All bed and bath linens are provided for your stay, and ceiling fans and central air conditioning and heating will assure your interior comfort. There is also an enormous commercial kitchen, with all the appliances and utensils to fulfill your culinary needs. There's even a genuine butcher block!
This perfect waterfront vacation rental hideaway is steeped in the proud histories of both Texas and the American military, in a restful and rejuvenating setting. Backroads Reservations is proud to play a part in this unique getaway, and we'd love to introduce you to all the Lazy U Ranch has to offer. Call us today!
In 2017 the Russell family walked out of their family home taking only their cloths and donating full use to the foundation. The memorabilia, mementos, antique, furniture, hats, guns, and photos are their family heritage dating back to the 1800's. Video of lodge interior is taken before and after each stay - this location is for responsible parties only. Full loss of deposit for any infractions and/or legal action for missing items. All guests are asked to not touch or wear any personal items. A portion of rental proceeds goes to benefit the warfighter programs sponsored by the SS American Memorial Foundation.
Bedroom with King bed
Bedroom with Full bed
Bedroom with (2) Full murphy beds
Large living dining rooms
Large kitchen with appliances and cooking utensils
Central heat and AC
Large deck overlooking Lake Placid
Rope swing and large dock
Pavilion with outdoor seating
Catch and release fishing
Canoes and life jackets
Charcoal BBQ pit and smoker
Master bedroom with TV and DVD
Linens and towels provided
Rates and Details
Extra Guests $75/night, after 4 guests
Max of 8 guests
Full home sterilization cleaning fee $150
Wildlife Management Property
Host lives on premises
No outside guests allowed
No off road driving
Do not go past barriers to Memorial building - motions sensors in place
No pets (no exceptions)
$500 refundable deposit
Smoking outside memorial grounds in designated area only
Do not exceed 10 mph through property - livestock on the road!
No discharging of firearms, fireworks/sparklers, or ATVs allowed