Lazy U Lodge on the GuadalupePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Test your catch-and-release fishing skills in the Guadalupe! Keep in mind the Ranch is also used as a recuperative and restful retreat for US military members, who may be sharing the waterfront and grounds with you.
- An enormous dock, and even a rope swing, are on hand for your hassle-free enjoyment of Lake Placid!
- Simplicity, comfort, and peace are the guiding principles here, and all are invited to relax and recharge.
- "We really enjoyed using the kayaks, paddle boards, and canoes. We even fished a little bit and generally just enjoyed relaxing around the beautiful landscaped area by the water," our guest David shared with us his experience at this lakeside gem.
- The tree-filled and well-tended grounds are gorgeous during the day, and the skies at night are a wonder for stargazers, too!
- Stroll on down to the Ranch's pavilion, a shady spot for fun and fellowship!
- You won't find phones or computers here, and that's by design. The Lodge is a place to connect and enjoy the company of your fellow human beings without distraction.
- No pesticides or non-organic fertilizers are ever used here, so the plant life at Lazy U Ranch flourishes just the way nature intended.
- Welcome to Lazy U Ranch Lodge! The entire property is devoted to peace, relaxation and fellowship-and we'd love to welcome you here!
- Equipped with modern appliances, a butcher block, and industrial sink, the commercial-grade kitchen is a fantastic place for culinary artists to strut their stuff!
- Tons of cookware, serving ware, utensils, and glasses are stocked in the kitchen for worry-free meal preparation.
- Warm woodwork accents the dining area, a space that's also great for playing games and socializing.
- Huge windows on the elevated observation deck provide incredible views of the Guadalupe River, while you remain in climate-controlled comfort.
- Central AC and heating, in tandem with vintage rocking chairs, make this the perfect spot to enjoy the view and decompress.
- The first bedroom is tastefully appointed with an incredibly comfortable king-sized bed. Clean and soft bed linens are provided all through the house.
- No cheap modular furniture or dime store paneling here! The Lodge has been meticulously appointed to create a serene and relaxing atmosphere.
- Beyond the central air conditioning and heating, ceiling fans are also distributed throughout the Lodge to guarantee comfort customized to your needs.
- The master bathroom is neat as a pin, with a tub and shower combo. All bathroom linens are provided during your visit, too.
- Homey touches and decor highlight the second bedroom, which is outfitted with a full-sized bed decked out with clean and comfortable linens.
- The windows in the second bedroom provide ample natural light, offering a peaceful and gradual wake-up call each morning!
- If the only Murphy beds you've seen were in the movies, you're in for a treat here! The third bedroom has two full-sized Murphy beds that fold neatly into the wall when not in use.
- The Lodge includes a foyer and reading library that pays tribute to the US military and Texas' rich history.
- Rich paneling frames the second full bath, which features a shower stall and clean and fresh linens.
- A roomy serving area, and LOTS of history, adorn the inside of the pavilion!
- Colorful canoes and life jackets are available upon request, for an adventurous float down the Guadalupe.
- No matter how hungry your crew is, there's plenty of space to keep them happy and full on the BBQ pit.
- The pavilion also has a big smoker. It's a great place for the BBQ champions in your group to kick it up a notch!
** No guests under 21 years old allowed and the booking guest must be 30 years old**
The Lazy U Ranch Lodge is a beautiful lake view vacation rental in the Texas Hill Country, dedicated to simplicity and reflection on the values of a bygone age in the American west. The ranch sometimes serves as a respite for our country's soldiers and veterans to return to civilian life at their own pace, with the respect, honor, and support they deserve. While members of our military are welcomed here, you need not be one to enjoy the property.
The Lazy U Ranch is owned by a fifth-generation Texas family, with an emphasis on the respect and preservation of its natural beauty-it's one of the prettiest vacation ranch rentals around! This is God's country, and it's maintained that God got it right the first time around-so no pesticides or non-organic fertilizers are ever used here. A registered herd of Texas Longhorns roam the ranch, as does abundant bird and wildlife-among them coyotes, deer, bobcats, and over 140 species of birds. The Lodge's 30-foot enclosed and windowed porch, on a second-story elevation, makes it a perfect observation post for wildlife-watching. Binoculars are provided, too!
The Lodge's deck overlooks a quarter-mile stretch of private riverfront, known as Lake Placid. The river is perfect for a cool swim, or just relaxing and reflecting in this little slice of God's country. It's an amazing Hill Country setting for fun weekend getaways for couples! We do ask our guests to be aware that there are often veteran-oriented activities that take place on the ranch, and during these events you may be sharing the waterfront, and the surrounding grounds, with them.
Step into the Lodge, and you'll see one of the many features that make this place truly special, and the best lodge in Seguin. The foyer here serves as a museum of both Texan and American military history, highlighted by mementos and photographs from the family's history that encompasses every American conflict since the Civil War. The Lodge also includes an expansive reading library, focused on the Lone Star State's rich history. The fact that reading is emphasized at the ranch leads us to a concept that's influential here: simplicity!
That means what you won't find here are computers, phones, or other distracting trappings that draw attention away from the people around you. Fellowship and conversation are key here, and the spacious Stockyard Room provides ample space for that, in an intimate yet roomy bar room setting complete with an antique wood stove. This room also features two authentic vintage Murphy beds (the type that swing down from the wall). Knotty pine wood walls and oak and red pine flooring give this ranch house that special and inviting Texas style.
The Lodge features three bedrooms and two full bathrooms, which, along with the Murphy beds, supply comfortable sleeping accommodations for up to eight people. All bed and bath linens are provided for your stay, and ceiling fans and central air conditioning and heating will assure your interior comfort. There is also an enormous commercial kitchen, with all the appliances and utensils to fulfill your culinary needs. There's even a genuine butcher block!
This perfect waterfront vacation rental hideaway is steeped in the proud histories of both Texas and the American military, in a restful and rejuvenating setting. Backroads Reservations is proud to play a part in this unique getaway, and we'd love to introduce you to all the Lazy U Ranch has to offer. Call us today! A portion of rental proceeds goes to benefit the warfighter programs sponsored by the SS American Memorial Foundation. For more information on the Foundation, please search online for SSA Memorial.
Bedroom with King bed
Bedroom with Full bed
Bedroom with (2) Full murphy beds
Large living dining rooms
Large kitchen with appliances and cooking utensils
Central heat and AC!
Large deck overlooking Lake Placid
Rope swing and large dock
Pavilion with outdoor seating
Catch and release fishing
Canoes and life jackets
Charcoal BBQ pit and smoker
Master bedroom with TV and DVD
Linens and towels provided
Rates and Details
Extra Guest Fee is $50/night, after 4 guests
Day pass $25/day
Max of 8 guests allowed (day pass and overnighty guests)
Full home sterilization cleaning fee $150
No guests below the age of 21 (no exceptions)
30 years old minimum age to rent (no exceptions)
Pets not allowed (no exceptions)
$500 refundable deposit
10% discount with Military ID or D214/Honorable Discharge (appled after booking)
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
This house has a non-standard cancellation policy
NOTE: Every second Friday of the month, the SSAM Foundation hosts Freedom Friday, which is open to the public, from 7 to 11 PM at the Memorial site. The Freedom Friday program includes cornhole (bags) tournaments, live music, and a selection of domestic and craft beers and wines. Guests at the Lodge, of course, are more than welcome to join the festivities!
This beautiful town is one of the oldest settlements in the Lone Star State, and it's brimming with history and fun local events! From its own amusement park to water activities alongside the scenic Guadalupe River to the world's biggest pecan sculpture, there's no shortage of things to do and see in Seguin!
Approximate distance to:
Frio River: 115 miles
Medina River: 85 miles
Guadalupe River: on the property
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 125 miles
Garner State Park: 125 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 95 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas