Granny Smith's PlacePICK DATES AND BOOK NOW
- Stroll across the big backyard, and you'll find your private access to the Medina River. Dip your toes in the cool water, or take a relaxing tubing trip!
- Our recent guest Corbin shared this about his stay: "Great little house and the cute black cat that greets you upon arrival feels just like home."
- We couldn't call it Granny's place if it didn't have a full country kitchen!
- Cooking ware and serving ware are also included here, make some family memories of your own in the homey and functional kitchen.
- Central AC and heat, satellite TV, and plush and comfy furniture, make the living area a perfect gathering spot for the whole family.
- Sleep in quiet comfort on the king-sized bed in the master bedroom! All bed and bath linens are provided for your stay, too.
- Queen in 2nd Bedroom
- Kids love the cozy bunk bed setup in the second bedroom!
- The full bath features a shower and tub combo, and it's spotlessly clean! Soft and clean bed and bath linens are on hand, as well.
- With all the friendly and welcoming touches here, you can almost smell Granny's cooking!
- Granny Smith's Place comfortably sleeps six guests, and they'll all have a spot at the dinner table, too!
- Relax on the shaded patio, and test your BBQ skills on the charcoal grill!
- A nature lover's haven! "We also enjoyed the wildlife: deer in the mornings and evenings, armadillos, ducks, goats, hawks, beautiful birds, but magically no mosquitoes," our guest Maria told us.
- The Medina River provides a pretty and relaxing setting year round! Check with us when you book for the river's water levels.
This beautiful bungalow nestled among the trees is arguably the best cottage vacation rental in Medina! Granny Smith's Place offers all the comforts of home, with access to the Medina River right past the spacious back yard. The scenic drive between Medina and Leakey is considered the prettiest in Texas, and it's all at your back door! You'll also have access within walking distance to all the shops and cafes in Medina, and the Cowboy Capital of the World, Bandera, is just a short drive away.
COVID-19 UPDATE: This accommodation is open for business. Backroads Reservations is aware of the proper cleaning and disinfecting measures needed between guests. We have provided this guidance to our hosts and housekeepers so that everyone takes the necessary precautions to protect the health of our guests, hosts and housekeepers alike. In addition, for rentals with same day turn-overs, we have increased the hours between check-in and check-out to give extra time between cleanings. Message us for more details, if needed. Dated 4/15/2020
Granny Smith's Place's location positions it as one of the best cabin getaways near the Lost Maples State Natural Area, which is only a half hour's drive away. When you consider its own natural location along the Medina River, it's the perfect spot for nature lovers all around! It's homey charm won't be found in any hotel or motel room, that's for sure. Whether you're planning a family outing (this is a kid-friendly rental) or a gathering of friends, you'll find the setting and amenities here will fit the bill perfectly.
Both the front and rear of this pretty cabin offer shaded porches with patio furniture for your relaxation, and there's also a charcoal BBQ for you to use (please bring your own charcoal). With the Medina River behind the spacious backyard, you can hike, tube the river, or just sit a spell and relax to the sound of the flowing water. Both Lost Maples and Hill Country State Natural Areas are a reasonable drive away, so whether you stay put or travel a short distance, the beauty of the Texas Hill Country is there for you to feast your eyes upon!
Comfort inside is assured with central air and heating, and the living room features comfortable furniture, too. The master bedroom has a queen bed, and the second has one, too, along with twin bunk beds; all in all, Granny Smith's place sleeps up to six. The bathroom is complete with a tub and shower, and all bed and bath linens are included. Granny's kitchen is fully equipped, including basic utensils, and there are two dining tables-one for the grownups and one for the kids. Satellite TV with a DVD player and a land line phone round out your indoor amenities.
Come see why Granny Smiths is one of the best Medina River cottages we have to offer! Give Backroads Reservations a call today, to book this warm and cozy riverside home.
Queen bed in the master bedroom
Queen and twin bunk beds in 2nd bedroom
Bath with tub and shower
Large living area
Dining room with children's table
Large back deck and yard
Central air and heat
Access to the Medina River
Extra guest fee is $20, per day, after 2 guests
Maximum of 6 guests allowed
Pets Not Allowed
No discharging of firearms, fireworks or ATVs allowed
Hill Country river and lake water levels vary depending on rain
The orchards here earned Medina the title of "Apple Capital of Texas," but there's more here than that! Ride the challenging Twisted Sisters Motorcycle Trail through the Hill Country or take a more relaxing tube ride down the Medina River. Get your fill of satisfying barbecue and other American fare during your visit, too!
Approximate distance to the following sites:
Frio River: 55 miles
Medina River: immediate access
Guadalupe River: 45 miles
Lost Maples State Natural Area: 25 miles
Garner State Park: 45 miles
Hill Country State Natural Area: 25 miles
Copyright Backroads Reservations in Bandera, Texas